• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vickiw106

Bhp Levels

Batfink

why? Amongst all the opinions is some useful information.

DrSarty
why? Amongst all the opinions is some useful information.

Yes. I'm confused why you, Mr Vicki, don't feel the same way.

Surely it's the same as saying 'ooh, I was planning to go to the moon; it's really easy isn't it?', and you being happy with just a YES or NO answer. Your reply is more confusing than some say this thread is.

I'll reword my orginal reply for you.

"Yes. That's a really good result; well done."

Better?

But I bet you 6 bucks and my right nut, that the conversation would've turned out this way regardless.

Thanks for posting.

vickiw106
Yes. I'm confused why you, Mr Vicki, don't feel the same way.

Surely it's the same as saying 'ooh, I was planning to go to the moon; it's really easy isn't it?', and you being happy with just a YES or NO answer. Your reply is more confusing than some say this thread is.

I'll reword my orginal reply for you.

"Yes. That's a really good result; well done."

Better?

But I bet you 6 bucks and my right nut, that the conversation would've turned out this way regardless.

Thanks for posting.

Who the f?*k upset you

This is 1 reason why forums can be such a pain in the arse when people post comments such as this and certain comments can be taken out of context

the only reason I said what I said because there is a lot of unnecessary crap on this thread with some people

thinking they know what they are talking about.

i dont claim to know about bhp levels hence why i started the thread. but honestly how many times do we have do go over the same points

Edited by vickiw106

MrG

its threads like these that gets views aired and knowledge shared.

Its opened my mind on the subject, but regardless, if it feels right then figures are inconsequential really, just enjoy the car.

Have fun.

AG

bren_1.3

these threads just arent the same anymore without pumaracing! :):lol: :lol:

kyepan

I agree this thread is a mess, but saying that, people were trying to get their heads round something that's not typically discussed in depth. Even if some were wrong, going through the discussion has certainly helped me understand it better. If at some point we did have a pumaracing type person with a bit more of a down to earth laymans vocab explaining clearly, enough everyone would come away not thinking about BHP being the be all and end all of describing an engines output.

I guess the value of the thread breaks down into three parts

do you feel you've had your original question answered?

do you think the topic has been discussed thoroughly?

Have you learnt something, and would you be able to explain that to your mate down the pub?

Even if it's that there are some misconceptions about exactly what power does and how it relates to torque

We're and odd bunch, we generally don't take things at face value, hence the tangents.

Hope you did get something out of the thread though.

Justin.

johno_78
these threads just arent the same anymore without pumaracing! :ph34r::P:lol:

Can we invite him back just for this thread :lol:

This is what he says anyway, i found it useful when i first started trying to get my head round it all:

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/power1.htm

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/power2.htm

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/power3.htm

I agree with most of the posts on here, even though everyone is arguing about different things.

An example i have is from an old Top Gear show. It's an example of application rather than a definitive "which is best" answer. They had 2 small vw's (can't remember the exact model) both with the same peak bhp, but one was using a turbo diesel, the other was petrol. On the road, the turbo diesel, with the greater mid range torque, was found to be more useable or 'faster'. However, the petrol was 4 seconds faster (IIRC) around the Top Gear track, due to the greater rev range available.

What i'm basically saying is, neither power nor torque is king, it's a careful balancing act dictated by the use of the vehicle.

dirtdog

^^^ The cars were Lupos I think

Sign in to follow this