• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Newton Commercial

Moulded Carpet Reproduction For The 205 Gti

Newton Commercial

Evening all,

An Update on the 205 carpet has been slow this year, but we are moving forward and we still aim to have a moulded carpet produced in 2015.

We have found a new carpet supplier who is looking to find the appropriate yarn and colour. They believe that there manufacturing process can replicate the look of the 205 carpet, but sourcing the right raw materials in the volumes we want is difficult. Watch this space for more info.

• Like 3

lagonda

Might be interested in one for my CTi, standard red colour; as previously stated, with heel mat (which is all that's knackered on mine).

Phil Gti

I would be interested, seat bolsters/ and check red and black centre sections too

Fsmlittler

I'd definitely buy a set. Been looking for ages

axnutty

205gticovers.com

Pugleyrich

I wouldn't use 205gticovers having read threads written by the owner: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=157532&page=5 If you look on the second to last page of that thread, lightflow posts a link to an alternative manufacturer which has proven to be very good and a better material match.

Andya

I think it would be great if Newton Commercial could do this, I have bought a carpet set from them for a 1961 mk1 mini and it was great-had to trim and fettle very slightly as they are normally oversized a little but fits very well and the colour was a good match with the original.

Andy

JamesE

Are there any updates on this? Add my name to the list...

Newton Commercial

Hi All,

Thanks for the great interest you have shown in us creating and manufacturing a moulded carpet. The great news is we have decided to go ahead and we will be starting development soon with a release date of Feb 2017. Thank you for all your interest and we will keep you updated over the coming months.

For any questions please email us - sales@newtoncomm.co.uk

Or follow us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NewtonCommercial/

All the best from me and the team at Newton Commercial

Shaun

• Like 2

2-Pugs

That is great news. Will you be doing just red carpet, or other colours? Dark green and a medium-dark grey were also found in GTIs over the years

Newton Commercial

That is great news. Will you be doing just red carpet, or other colours? Dark green and a medium-dark grey were also found in GTIs over the years

Hi!

We are aiming to offer a variety of colours as close to original as possible!

Shaun

• Like 1

Slo

Any chance of a cabriolet version on the horizon as well?

sp_en_ny

Second the carbriolet version

Newton Commercial

Well its a great question. We have to make a commercial decision based on how many people are interested.

If someone would like to start a forum thread to gain interest for the cabriolet we would certainly keep a close eye on it.

Shaun

Leet205

I think a cabriolet version would be a good move as they are not as readily available as gti carpets. I would certainly be interested, Dependant on price of course.

welshpug

how different are they?

Slo

Inner sills are wider, cross section is a lot thicker and in a different position. I think its a bit longer too.

IMG_20130921_143322_zps2d9cc872.jpg

post-21076-0-64416400-1464345496_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

jackherer

The front wheel arch/footwell areas are the only part that varies significantly in shape IIRC. The extra sill width is just covered with flat carpet.

steve@cornwall

As above. This area is also beefed up on the cti. The plastic trim of other models sides not fit, although at least one member on here has modified them to fit.

tartanbloke

I know what I will be buying in the summer now..... :D​

Leon

Looks good! I'd like to see what the green looks like in real life, could really set off a Lazer or Sorrento car.

wicked

I'm also looking for a cti carpet. How may orders do you need for a batch?

sp_en_ny

I would also be interested in a carpet for a CTI.