• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

borufus

Ripped Off! Caution When Sending Items Overseas

farmer

I am backing Steve up on the deal

Here's why and it simple

I do all my courier collections from abroad from a lot of dealers

If it goes tits up it's on my shoulders to sort

The OP should suck it up and man the f*** up and do the above rather than blaming others

Made your bed lie in it, like I have on occasions on this method

• Like 1

welshpug

I am backing Steve up on the deal

The OP should suck it up and man the f*** up and do the above rather than blaming others

steve is the op and is blaming others

farmer

Well I think you get the idea, or shall I explain it again for your benefit ?

dcc

For what its worth, steve has blocked me from contacting him on facebook :)

Chuchy i feel sorry for you mate, glad you havent lost out fully though.

From my eyes in this instance you look to have been the one ripped off, not the other way round.

Chuchy

I can't understand why you are saying that I persuaded you to sell them. It is neccesary to show the whatsapp conversation where you wrote me that there were more people interested in the gearboxes, encouraging me to buy them?

A good seller tries to help his customers when a problem appear, (this make the difference because taking the money all the people is good) Others ignore them and run away with the money...

GLPoomobile

I think Speno has a valid point - does the courier have a signature proving the return of the gearboxes?

And secondly, how does Steve know that Jesus is trying to claim back from the courier? The courier wouldn't give that information out unless they are totally unprofessional (data protection etc).

You've got two people both pissed off and at a loss and flinging mud at each other yet there's a third party in the middle of this!

• Like 1

speno

Chuchy have you got a signature from the courrier to say the gearboxes were returned ?

If not I'm sorry but you are at fault you arranged the courier. I'm my eyes you can't claim your money back from Steve. As it's the courrier fault . You should claim of them

dobboy

The problem is the gearboxes were not packaged adequately.

If sending items like this they've got to be over packaged, apart from being at risk of up to £1000 penalty if there's an oil spill with some couriers, the package might go in a dozen lorries along the way.

They're probably sitting in some hub/warehouse in the U.K., unfit to be sent or returned.

speno

The problem is the gearboxes were not packaged adequately.

If sending items like this they've got to be over packaged, apart from being at risk of up to £1000 penalty if there's an oil spill with some couriers, the package might go in a dozen lorries along the way.

They're probably sitting in some hub/warehouse in the U.K., unfit to be sent or returned.

But the courier company picked them up and took them therefore accepting liability of the goods . If they have lost them or not returned them . its nothing to do with steve as he did not arrange the courier

protocol should be the pick up driver should have rejected said items and NOT pick them up but he did

Hence steve should keep his money .

Is chuchy claiming against the courier company too ?

Tom Fenton

Regardless of the who said what to who, there's one bloke minus 2 gearboxes, and then another bloke with one claim back from paypal, and a second claim back from the courier firm.

Bloke 1 out of pocket to the tune of 2 gearboxes, Bloke 2 stands to double his money! :o

dobboy

But the courier company picked them up and took them therefore accepting liability of the goods . If they have lost them or not returned them . its nothing to do with steve as he did not arrange the courier

protocol should be the pick up driver should have rejected said items and NOT pick them up but he did

Hence steve should keep his money .

Is chuchy claiming against the courier company too ?

Yeah the courier picked them up, probably drove a few miles and opened the back door to a mess, and though F*ck this.

For me it's even worse for Churchy, as he could have been liable for any damages/spillages as he was the one who ordered the courier and obviously trusted that they'd be suitably packaged up.

Remember, Churchy was advised they were cancelled due to "bad packaging", and that's why they are both in the unfortunate position they are now in.

speno

But you are making assumptions they were full of oil . Let's face it gearbox oil drains out as soon as the drive shafts come out . They were on a pallet and most likely strapped to said pallet . So if I was you I would stick to facts . Which we don't know

Chuchy has still not replied about where they are

Rjuhar

This is a soapy thread - can't wait for the next post from the parties involved. I am still puzzled as to where is the information about the claim coming from though.

• Like 1

dobboy

But you are making assumptions they were full of oil . Let's face it gearbox oil drains out as soon as the drive shafts come out . They were on a pallet and most likely strapped to said pallet . So if I was you I would stick to facts . Which we don't know

Chuchy has still not replied about where they are

I am sticking to the known facts. They were identified as being badly packaged sometime after initial collection, fact.

I never assumed they were full of oil, I highlighted what the costs can be as a result of inconsiderate packaging, which is also a fact.

My point being whoever books the courier is on the hook for any costs/damages associated with poor packing,,,,, even though they are not the one who packed them.

GLPoomobile

Regardless of the who said what to who, there's one bloke minus 2 gearboxes, and then another bloke with one claim back from paypal, and a second claim back from the courier firm.

Bloke 1 out of pocket to the tune of 2 gearboxes, Bloke 2 stands to double his money! :o

You only have Steve's claim that Jesus is claiming compo from the courier, so that is not a fact at the moment.

At the moment it looks to me like the courier is at fault, and possibly as someone mentioned the items are in a depot somewhere.

If it's true that the items were inadequately packed then lets remember that Steve didn't arrange the courier, and whilst common sense might apply he's not necessarily fully in the know about how best to package said items. Now surely if they really were inadequately packed the collecting courier should have rejected the collection and possibly advised Steve on why it didn't meet requirements. The alternative is it was collected Ok (and therefore seen to be adequately packed) and then was subsequently damaged in transit, meaning the next depot in the chain have decided it's unsafe to proceed with onward transit. But instead of admit liability they have decided to claim unfit packaging.

Until the fact is presented that the courier has a legitimate signature for the return of the items then my money would be on them 'lost' in the system somewhere and this is all down to s*ite service by them.

steve@cornwall

I reckon Jesus should claim back the value of the items and courier costs from the courier. In my opinion the title of goods passed from Steve to Jesus when the courier first accepted them, on his behalf, for delivery. Jesus then has not received the goods from his agent, Steve cannot claim from then because he did not instruct them.

Should this be successful the cost of the gearboxes should be sent back to Steve, who has lost out. What PayPal were thinking when they refunded the buyer in these circumstances only they can know.

Alternatively if the gearboxes can be found, they should be returned to Steve at no expense to him.

BUT both parties would have to communicate effectively and the courier would have to cooperate too.

Just my opinion

Chuchy

I opened the claim by paypal because I didn't have any answer in whatsapp, I only was looking for his answer. The courier had told me that the gearboxes were returned a month ago, and I didn't have a yes or a no from Steve. Simply he was ignoring me.

At the same time I was claiming the courier because they didn't have the signature of the returned. They said that the gearboxes were returned, and totally confirm this. But they don't have any signature, so, they sended me an affidavit for these situations where the person has to sign that nothing is received. But he didn't want to sign it, this and his lack of response made me distrust from him.

I can't claim the couriee without the affidavit, they only has returned me the money od the delivery, and no comoplete, because they has charged me the collection.

Now, I read in this post some lies, which I'm able to demostrate, making me more distrusted from him.

speno

So the courrier company said they have delivered them back but no one signed for them . Yet they can totally confirm this . By what ?

Steve says they have not been returned.

So you have your money back via pay pal and you are claiming what back from the courrier company ? The full amount of the gearboxes ? Or the shipment fee ?

borufus

At last the truth comes out, your courier collected the items and therefore have taken responsibility for them , no signsture for them bring returned ( surprise surprise !) as you now admit and you have made a compensation claim from them, added to which you see fit to take this out on me, the person that tried to help a fellow member, by making a PayPal claim for the payment back from me , and then just to pour salt on the wound you see fit to call me a lair, you have been well and truly busted

dcc

Steve, you ignore people countless times, you wouldnt sign a form to say you hadn't received the gearboxes back. Without that form the courier will only pay for the cost of postage. Because of this Chuchy has decided to start his claim via paypal and as such they have retrieved the money from you, after finding in his favour for the claim.

So in my eyes you not wanting to sign the form to say you've not received them is your own fault. Clearly Chuchy has waited for your reply for long enough, and gone through the proper channels.

Cannot help but wonder WHY you wont sign that form to say you DIDNT get those boxes back...

• Like 2

Chuchy

So the courrier company said they have delivered them back but no one signed for them . Yet they can totally confirm this . By what ?

Steve says they have not been returned.

So you have your money back via pay pal and you are claiming what back from the courrier company ? The full amount of the gearboxes ? Or the shipment fee ?

This is part of the email with the courier:

Depot have told me they returned them" 02/05/2017

"Depot confirm that they have and driver has also been back and they confirmed to driver that they had them" 04/05/2017

See the date, I took near the hole month of May asking him and waiting an answer, and I didn't have any answer from him. After this, I opened the claim by paypal.

I only had the word of the courier and nothing from Steve, what would you think if this happen to you?

At last the truth comes out, your courier collected the items and therefore have taken responsibility for them , no signsture for them bring returned ( surprise surprise !) as you now admit and you have made a compensation claim from them, added to which you see fit to take this out on me, the person that tried to help a fellow member, by making a PayPal claim for the payment back from me , and then just to pour salt on the wound you see fit to call me a lair, you have been well and truly busted

I answer the people's questions, and don't have any problem telling the truht, I don't have nothing to hide.

Yes, I claimed the courier, but you didn't have wanted to sign the affidavit, so I couldn't claim anything. Then, I claimed against you by paypal, and they has given me the reason after the investigation. If you don't have them, what is the problem to sign it? Obviously without it I can't claim and only refunded the me cost of the delivery, but not complete.

And yes, you are liying in some things, and after have read that more people have had problems with you, I am convinced that you have the gearboxes at home, and you wanted my money too, but your bussines was ruined amd now you are accussing me here.

I'm able to demostrate the truthfulness of my words in this topic, could you???

On the other hand I have loosen part of my money, I don't have the gearboxes and I have to defend me here, with the difficulty of the different language.

Dan, you have the key!

• Like 1

borufus

So I package two gearboxes for your courier to collect , the gearboxes get collected and then you have a problem with your courier , you claim your payment back from me so I then have no payment and no gearboxes and then to top it off you blame me because I won't help you claim off the courier , you are beyond belief!! you are just trying to get two payments out of this, I am not to blame for your courier ,

Gaz205

There may be a legal case here. If monies have been claimed back (PayPal) and a 2nd claim is being made (courier company) for the Total amount rather than just the price of the courier then we have a false representation by the claimant to the courier company. I don't get why the purchaser can't be a gentleman and make some offer to the seller as a resolution.

It's hard to decipher everything here and to be honest can't believe how it's going on....

• Like 2

Chuchy

So I package two gearboxes for your courier to collect , the gearboxes get collected and then you have a problem with your courier , you claim your payment back from me so I then have no payment and no gearboxes and then to top it off you blame me because I won't help you claim off the courier , you are beyond belief!! you are just trying to get two payments out of this, I am not to blame for your courier ,

I claim the payment back when you didn't want to sign the affidavit, if you'd have signed the affidavit, I wouldn't have claimed against you and I told this to you.

After that I don't have talked to you, I don't want any payment from nobody.

Remember that the problem with the courier is due to a bad package, the minimun is try to help, from my view, not ignoring me!

speno

There may be a legal case here. If monies have been claimed back (PayPal) and a 2nd claim is being made (courier company) for the Total amount rather than just the price of the courier then we have a false representation by the claimant to the courier company. I don't get why the purchaser can't be a gentleman and make some offer to the seller as a resolution.

It's hard to decipher everything here and to be honest can't believe how it's going on....

I read it like this

buyer had his money back from seller now he is claiming the same money back from the courier ! ( is this fraud ? )

in my eyes he could claim his courier money back for shipment payment then also claim for goods lost by said courier from the courier but not from the seller too and certainty not BOTH

The courier has totally made a mess of this by picking said items up , then raising in depot a good not fit for transportation notice

I would hope to think they follow ISO 9001/2008 quality management systems OR even a higher quality system

where every non conforming product in a investigation is raised and signatures are protocol

But it seems a signature was not received when said courier company says they have dropped them back off

but steve states they haven't and without evidence there is none to support the company

So the courier company are trying to get out of paying out for the lost gearboxes in my eyes

How is that fair ?