Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[car_upgrade] Black 205 Gti6 - 1991

158 replies to this topic

jackherer

jackherer
  • Team Managers
  • 11,220 posts

I will keep them in storage for a while until I will find a good GTI6 calipers to fit on the car.

Does the Xsara you have taken the engine from not have any brakes then?

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
  • Name:Mike
Garage View Garage
That's another mistake which i've done.... :/ I took the engine out with few most needed parts which I thought will be useful, and I sold the rest.... After a week I start crying that I need to buy things again and I could easily take them off my Xsara !!!! I would recommend to anyone to keep the donor car till the end of the conversion :) You never know what you might need !

Edited by Para, 14 September 2011 - 06:31 PM.

lukegroves_123

lukegroves_123
  • Passengers
  • 7 posts
Looking good mate. Keep the pics coming. :)

Anthony

Anthony
  • Team Managers
  • 18,746 posts
Garage View Garage
Car is looking very good, especially given how rare and difficult parts are to obtain over in Poland. Keep up the good work!

Car is up and running now but I have some problems with connecting the rev counter.... :/ I have ph2 VTS engine , phase I loom and ph2 205 GTI Posted Image I got VVS speed sensor from 306 but the rev counter still doesn't show revs. What am I doing wrong ?

The VSS sensor is nothing to do with the rev counter - that tells the ECU how fast the car is going.

The output from the ECU is incompatible with the 205 rev counter as standard, so you either need to modify the rev counter, or run a tacho converter to take a feed from the four coils to drive the rev counter. Personally, I would modify the rev counter - if you do a search, you'll find the details about where you need to solder a wire on the rev counter to make it work.

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage
Thanks, I will look into that rev counter.

After reading a lot on this forum i've decided to use standard 1.9 GTI exhaust system, with VTS downpipe and catalyc converter. To get original exhaust from 1.9 I was waiting 3 weeks and it was shipped to Poland from Belgium Posted ImagePosted Image In my previous GTI , I had full magnex exhaust and it was very very loud... I remember after driving good few hours on 205 GTI Euro Trip my ears were in bits !!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got exhaust manifold from 306 GTI6 and it was modified by Miles, thanks !

Posted Image

So exhaust sorted then !!!

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage
I forgot to mention that I didn't fit the front ARB from 309 GTI as I couldn't get the bushes anywhere !!!!!! Anyone could help me out here ?

Paul_13

Paul_13
  • Pitcrew+
  • 3,356 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

I forgot to mention that I didn't fit the front ARB from 309 GTI as I couldn't get the bushes anywhere !!!!!! Anyone could help me out here ?

No longer available in England so I guess the same in Poland to :(

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage
Any other places to get them from under the desk ?

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage
Following this guide http://forum.205gtid...2&hl=quick rack was very helpful with the project. Of course some things had to be done differently as the steering wheel is on the left side of the car. We didn't had any problems with brake pump as the clearance was very good.

Following the guide i've replaced all the sensors needed, we also had to use different engine arm and the engine went in with VTS gearbox. After a long reading session I've decided I will keep VTS gearbox. Hopefully it will be more useful for my requirements then 1.9 GTI or GTI6 one.

With the beginning of the project I start stocking up for extra parts which will freshen up the car. I've got new headlamps / front and back, new clear indicators as well as new SIEM driving lights. After a while I had great chance to buy the original set of spot lights for very good money so I didn't hesitate even for a while. They like to go rusty and crack so it's always good to have a spare set :) On our polish 205 forum we've organized the group buy to get those SIEM lights and they were shipped to us from Italy for 50 pounds per set

Magneti Marelli (SIEM)

Posted Image

CIEBE (Peugeot)

Posted Image

firstcar_205gti

firstcar_205gti
  • Drivers
  • 60 posts
  • Name:Connor Mayhew
Garage View Garage

Thanks Vinorak, I like your Griffe. How is it keeping now ?

I got rid of ABS system as I didn't find that setup efficient enough, instead I bought another useless equipment which is A/C unit :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Summer in Poland can be pretty hot Posted Image

wish i had a/c <_<

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage
So.. few weeks ago I've collected the car. Car is up and running now and I've done about 1600 miles so far without major accidents or faults. It looks like looms was sort out correctly but there is a few little issues which I want to fix in the future. Rev counter still doesn't work !!!! ( I've seen a topic here for group buy for a special loom, I already put my name there so hopefully it will be fixed soon )

Car goes like a rocket and I'm really happy from the power output. I was worried about loosing the traction but with new Proxes tyres it's not an issue.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SurGie

SurGie
  • Drivers
  • 3,048 posts
  • Name:George
Looking good Mike, how did you get on with the water pipes, did they all fit well and easy ? ?

feb

feb
  • Drivers
  • 2,372 posts
  • Name:feb
Garage View Garage
Great work!
What happened to your red Gti then?
Where did you buy the headlights from -I could do with a LHD set- and are there any sets of SIEM driving lights left from the group buy?
Cheers!

Edited by feb, 13 October 2011 - 09:25 PM.

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage

Looking good Mike, how did you get on with the water pipes, did they all fit well and easy ? ?

Thanks George, pipes were very good. I am very happy from them, I use every little piece I got from you Posted Image

Great work!
What happened to your red Gti then?
Where did you buy the headlights from -I could do with a LHD set- and are there any sets of SIEM driving lights left from the group buy?
Cheers!

Red GTI has been sold when I was moving back to Krakow for a year. About week after I moved I saw a video on youtube with my car being crashed... Guy which I sold the car to , went through the red light and crash into a taxi. He spend a year already trying to put it back on the road, he re - shelled the car, repainted it to original colour, took everything which he could and at the moment he have some electric issues and he can't start the car... I stopped believing that this car will be running again.

I got the headlamps on "polish ebay" website www.allegro.pl , it was very difficult to find the right one, left one are not a problem.

Posted Image

No spotlights left from the group buy, it was the most successful group buy on our website, plenty of people decided to get them. Posted Image

BlueBolt

BlueBolt
  • Banned
  • 1,109 posts
  • Name:Chris Ghinn
Awesome work!!

Never knew the 406 Brembo's fitted without spacers???

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage
There are 16mm spacers in front ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bad news everyone... I sold SL434 :( !!!!

Edited by Para, 14 October 2011 - 04:44 AM.

vinorak

vinorak
  • Drivers
  • 54 posts
Garage View Garage
how does it break? it must be like a drag chute :lol: i like your car

Para

Para
  • Drivers
  • 969 posts
Garage View Garage
Braking force is superb, brand new disc and brake pads all around, braided hoses and brembo calipers are way to much then the car needs. I have original Peugeot brake pads in front and they are making mad scratchy noise each time I am braking. Any advices which pads would be nice and quiet ????

SurGie

SurGie
  • Drivers
  • 3,048 posts
  • Name:George
Try applying some copper grease on the back of the pads, the noise comes from the friction. It could also be some sort of foreign body ie dirt etc. Give the disks a clean with brake cleaner and check the pad face if there are any bits on it.

Its generally standard practice to apply copper grease on the back of the pads :)

Paul_13

Paul_13
  • Pitcrew+
  • 3,356 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage
Brembo brakes squeal like crazy. Unsure if any has got them to be quiet!

Reply to this topic