Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[car_upgrade] Stef's 205 Gti6 Conversion And Tidy

249 replies to this topic

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
  • Name:Stefan
Garage View Garage
Today ive been on the look for a aftermarket ecu, dta, emerald and omex mainly i spoke to my local engine mapper and he can map either, i was looking a dta s40 pro does anyone have and opinions on these ecus's? pointers etc, i hope to buy in a few weeks, and im fairly new to the aftermarket ecu seen.

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
I need a new set of speedo drive gears for the new gearbox its a 1.9 box and im using 195/50/15 tyres does any one know which gears i will need as theres so many different options?

dgp_1_

dgp_1_
  • Passengers
  • 6 posts
Really like what you've done with this! Looks sweet, and great job finding a clean, low mileage engine. Out of interest, as you said you came from a VTS, how do these compare? I'm doing a GTi-6/5 conversion on my 205 at the moment, having come from a GTi engined 106, so I'm in a similar boat...

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
Thanks mate, well my vts was cammed and ported etc, and my 205 is on a 1.6 box and i drive every where in 5th so much grunt! the 205 handles much better and seems to go better but the vts was faster on top end but this is only down to my gearbox choice, i have a 1900 box to go in soon so time will tell. But over all much better car, no pannels falling off this one! ^_^

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
done abit of work to the 1.9 box, new shaft seals, primary shaft seal, and fork bushes gave it abit of paint, got abit carried away call me a tart if you like :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
well last week i was stopped in the car by the police and they tested the exhaust for noise, admittedly it was in the paper that they had a new toy, they were allowing 90dbs i got 86db at idel and 94db at 3k so they fined me 30. So this week i made a new system up from stainless, 2.5" system with 2 boxes and 3" tip and it came out like this
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Im now waiting for them to ring me so they can test it again, although i have a db meter on my phone and it came to 81db so fingers crossed.
Also i had a new chamber made up for my throttle bodies, hopefully it will fit under the bonnet this time.
Posted Image
Will start to fit them once i have bought a omex or emerald ecu to run them ^_^

dav1

dav1
  • Drivers
  • 76 posts
that exhaust looks really good. were you get your boxes from? did you buy all the bends too? i need to quieten mine down.

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
Yeah bought it all I used a 5x12 middle box and 6x 14 rear box but I need to quieten mine down abit.

BusEngineer

BusEngineer
  • Drivers+
  • 673 posts
  • Name:Jon Ford
Love that tailpipe design

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
I tried to make it standard ish looking, I think i will change the tip to a 2.5" as the tip is only tacked on at the moment. As for sound it's lovely fair bit of induction noise.

Paul_13

Paul_13
  • Pitcrew+
  • 3,356 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage
Can't believe they tested your car :lol: How come they're retesting it?

Nice fabrication on the new exhaust :)

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
Funny enough I've got back from work to find that they won't be testing it at the time that was arranged with them. They said that they would let me know. The trouble is is that I live in a small town and I don't think they have anything better to do!

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
yesterday we took the exhaust down and decieded to wrap the exhaust
Posted Image
just waiting on a exhaust bung for the tip to make it less loud for the old bill.

sensualt101

sensualt101
  • Drivers
  • 361 posts
  • Name:Mark
Garage View Garage
looks like the plod have a boring time of things where you live? why do they never do what they should be doing ie catching criminals and protecting the public when instead they spend their time making revenue for the government from law abiding motorists!!! is it any wonder we all hate them? :angry: rant over! nice car by the way! lol what have you done with the 2nd gti that you mentioned at the start? is it past saving?

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,028 posts
  • Name:Mei

law abiding motorists

if you were law abiding the traffic police wouldn't have any reason to stop you ;)

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
That gti was sold to be honest it was a wreck, I've told the police when Peugeot make a standard exhaust for a 205 with a gti6 lump then I will put it on ;)

sensualt101

sensualt101
  • Drivers
  • 361 posts
  • Name:Mark
Garage View Garage

if you were law abiding the traffic police wouldn't have any reason to stop you ;)

i dont agree with you at all welsh pug even though i am completely legal and so is my car i have been stop checked and had my time wasted many many times! thats why i wrote my honest opinion!

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
I wasn't checked by a traffic copper it was a pcso and local copper, they don't have anything better to do. The town is a ghost town this time of year. They've stopped me in the past for my nitro rc trucks asking if I had insurance! They take piss

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
Garage View Garage
Not much up date but may be adding a 3rd box to the exhaust under the boot. But I was stopped today by a plain white Bmw undercover police. Got out the car for them to say that they were letting me know that my exhaust was shooting flames haha

(null)

NDJN

NDJN
  • Drivers
  • 47 posts
  • Name:Nathan
Very interesting read mate! Car looks amazing

Reply to this topic