• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richystran

1.6 Gti Misfire Problem

richystran

My 205 has started to misfire or hesitate when I try to rev the while under fast acceleration, it only happens when the car is under load, not if I put the car to the limiter while the car is stationary. And it's only hesitating at higher rpms eg 5000 plus. Sometime I get a little misfire at any rpm too but not often! Anyone any idea what's up or have had this problem too?

richystran

Still have this problem, anyone any clue? Thanks

sensualt101

try at least changing the plug leads as the symptoms you describe could happen with old leads breaking down internally.

it could of course be any number of things and will be a process of elimination but i would start there.

PhilNW

try taking off the plug leads cylinder by cylinder to see which if any is causing a problem or something which is common to all cylinders

may be injectors clogged or dodgy electricals

when did it start to happen?

Tom Fenton

First off when did you last change all the serviceable ign components? Dizzy cap, rotor arm, leads, plugs. If all those are in good order then my next port of call would be the air flow meter and/or ignition amp. The coils in my experience either work or don't work, no intermittent faults.

C_W

Ignition amp or leads would be my first guess too. If it drives ok on light load removing plugs and checking sparks won't really help in this case.

pug_ham

When I had similar on my mums old 309 SRi it was the dizzy cap & rotor arm that needed replacing.

Drove fine under light load but misfired & hesitated when you wanted faster acceleration.

g