• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sushisushi

Different 1.9 Engines

sushisushi

First post! Hi.

I've just picked up my first 205 yesterday and I've done a bit of research but not loads! I've take a look at the layout and noticed it looks different to some of the images I've seen. Has it has an engine swap?

My engine looks like this one:

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

But a lot look like this one with the pipe coming from the back of the engine to the front. What's the difference?

205gti999_022.jpg

Cheers

Stu

DamirGTI

No difference bar the KN cone filter induction on first picture , and OE airbox with air pipes on the next pic ...

There's a plate with an code (engine code) , riveted on the block just beneath the alternator .. (3 letters such as : D6B , DKZ , B6D etc. etc.) ... by this code you can detect the engine type .. if it's standard of course , without any internal mods .

Damir B)

sushisushi

Thanks for that, The K&N really removes a lot of pipes then! It's pretty loud too even tough it has a stock exhaust is this down to the K&N? I have a V8 S4 with full Miltek exhaust and this is way louder which is was NOT expecting!

:wacko:

welshpug

it might need a good service and a new exhaust! but no they are nowhere near as quiet as some modern engines, especially Vee's or straight 6's.

sushisushi

I thought so. The throttle is really agresive too. More of an on/off switch than a pedal! Normal too or just knackered cable?

TaffyTim

Its pretty normal for it to feel like an on off switch when coming from a modern car, especially when moving through heavy traffic.

Slo

Dont forget the coil relocation on top of the inlet manifold on phase 2's??? On that linked picture theres an allen key bolt in the air screw hole wonder why its like that anyone know? and how is it adjusted like that?

welshpug

Dont forget the coil relocation on top of the inlet manifold on phase 2's??? On that linked picture theres an allen key bolt in the air screw hole wonder why its like that anyone know? and how is it adjusted like that?

that's a breather not the air screw, air screw on that one is at an angle and further over.

sushisushi

Some sneaky pics under the bonnet

Here you can see my airbox etc.

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Couple of loose connectors what are they for?

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

welshpug

I see no airbox :lol: that's a K&N kit.

brown plug - engine speed sensor, diagnostic purposes,

white plug, no idea.

3rd pic, I see nothing?

Slo

that's a breather not the air screw, air screw on that one is at an angle and further over.

Christ sakes of course it is how the 'ell did i miss that, on another note it looks like both of the oil breather go to either side of the k&n body too although its off picture, what difference would this make to the idle circuit?

S@m

I too would like to know what that white plug is - have seen it unconnected on a friends ph2 1.6 gti and assumed it was something non standard because it has an odd connector - similar to the standard fan switch one, but seeing that you have one aswell, its more puzzling.

Sam

DamirGTI

ABS preparation plug ... i have it on my black Motronic Ph2 '90 and sorrento '91 205 .

Damir B)

• Like 1

sushisushi

Thanks for the info guys. Idling around 800 rpm at start up then after warm up to 1500 rpm idle.

S@m

ABS preparation plug ... i have it on my black Motronic Ph2 '90 and sorrento '91 205 .

Damir B)

Thanks, thats good to know!