• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonb_5

Fitting Webbers, 1.6 Gti

jonb_5

Hi

I am hoping to fit twin webbers to my 1.6 GTi, is there a guide on what I need to do to fit them?

Am I OK to remove the ECU etc?

Thanks

Jon

205kenny

Yes, you can remove the ecu.

I think there's a guide on the main website.

MrG

there is a guide on the main page, its an easy thing to do.

Basics are you'll need the carbs linkages plus manifold.

Fuel pressure regulator and lengths of hose. Some fit a new fuel pump instead of the std injection pump, but I left mine in place and its been fine.

All I did was remove the ECU and the injection manifold complete. Built up the carbs ready to fit them, I even left the ECU wiring in place and just disconnected it all.

Install the carbs complete on the manifold (its a pig to do the nuts up etc once fitted)

Fitted the fuel reg and hoses as per the main guide.

Once all sorted, I just checked everything over and it fired up. I didn't run a fuel return from the carbs, just sealed the old one off using a bolt of sorts.

But ensure you fit them have the carbs cleaned (and maybe service them using the correct parts available via ebay or the like) and run it with filters/trumpets, then once all fitted set them up ready for a trip to a rolling road. Also make sure you have the correct misab/thackray/compression fittings that allow the carbs to move (they're not rigidly fixed or you'll get petrol frothing).

Do a search on here and on the main site.

jonb_5

Thanks for the advice.

What regulator will I need?

Also, you say you do not need a return fuel pipe, would this just mean blocking it off on the fuel pump on the tank as well?

Thanks

Jon

Miles

There's a few ways to go about it, Rip out all the old wiring and start over which I tend to prefer (Sample loom which I do is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-GTi-Mi16-GTi6-Trackday-Carb-Conversion-Sensor-Loom-/251137058447?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a78ef668f here)

Or make something from the old loom as above

FPR's, if using the original pump you'll need 2, one to dump 98% of the pressure back to the tank then the other to the carb FPR and then onto them at around 4psi