• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

pugdamo

Bbm Coolant Hose Kit Leaking

pugdamo

Iv recently fitted the Bbm rubber coolant hose kit and the bleed screw in the top hose keeps weeping,I'm not using the car at the minute so it's not an issue,but Iv tried very loosely nipping the bleed screw and it leaks,Iv gone as tight as I feel comfortable and it's still leaks.It's only a small bolt with an o-ring so shouldn't need to be tight,anyone had this problem before,what was there solution?I was going to try some ptfe tape next.

dcc

I swapped the plastic bolt for a decent metal item, let's you have a bit more confidence when tightening the bolt

pugdamo

They sent me a metal bolt and an o-ring with the kit,did you have an o-ring with yours or did you just use a metal bolt?I just nipped it up the first time and it leaked then I went a bit tighter and it still leaks, if I go any tighter the o-ring pops out past the bolt head then it pours out. Thanks

Tom Fenton

Try a fibre washer under the bleed screw head.

Ryan

Or some PTFE tape on the thread.

j_turnell

A dowty washer may well do the job also.

kyepan

mine was leaking from the thermostat housing, clean that up and re-seal as it pretends to leak from the back of the hose, but was actually the housing.

pugdamo

I haven't forgotten about this, I will be having a look this weekend, I'll report back with the fix, thanks for the replies.

pugdamo

Think it's all sorted,the o-ring on the screw supplied was slightly too big,so tried the next side down,I could then do the screw up tight without the o-ring squeezing out the side,half an hour later still dry. Turns out was very simple repair,thanks for the suggestions. I was expecting the worst so I wouldn't have been disappointed.