• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lemmingzappa

Pfc 274 Bhp Rallye Article

jonnygoodhand

That's GTI6Boy's Rallye. Looks a cracking car!

Those decals look familiar too :)

Edited by jonnygoodhand

Baz

Nice! :)

Baz

Good work Nick, car looks great as usual, be nice to know what you've done to combat the fuel starvation too, if anything yet!

Congrats on the little 'un too btw! :)

Edited by Baz

davey sprocket

Awesome!

What's that harness bar attached to though with no cage in there??

Surely not just welded to the tinfoil-thin inner panel of the c-post (or whatever you call that??)?? :)

chippy

nice i like it

brumster

Certainly nice with the ZF diff, and the Quaife gearset will help with the 1st-2nd ratios. Andy's box mods will certainly strengthen it up too. But gawd, this thing must be just crying out for 6 properly-spaced clicky gears ;) so wish I'd picked up one of these engines when I had the chance, before Longman closed shop :(

GTI6BOY

Thanks guys ;)

The harness bar has solid ends which are tapped out and a bolt go's through the original seat belt holes which are already strenghend. It does not budge...trust me

I was gonna put a swirl pot and pump in the boot to stop the stavation.

davey sprocket
The harness bar has solid ends which are tapped out and a bolt go's through the original seat belt holes which are already strenghend. It does not budge...trust me

Nice one dude!

Awesome motor and congratulations on getting the car featured, must be a special feeling!

taylorspug

Nice Nick, good work mate.

Christ almighty theres actually a car in PFC worth reading the magazine for! What a shocker that is these days! ;)

Batfink

Hi Nick

What clutch and flywheel do you have? Standard size or the smaller one for the 5 1/2 inch clutch. I was wondering what you did for a starter motor....

Kev

GTI6BOY

It's a Ap racing touring car jobbie with a touring car flywheel. They are standard size but lightweight and does not have counting teeth so you have to mount the tdc sensor on the bottom pully

Batfink

thanks for that. I was wondering if you had the same as me as mine is smaller so I cannot use a standard starter motor so was hoping you had solved that problem.

allye

Saw the mag in Tesco yesturday and bought it straight away! Great read, the rest of the mags not bad either, first time I have bought it and will do again in the future.

(I'v gone from North wales to Isle of Wight now, I'm all over the place so rarely get to go on here any more)

Ali

Para

Can someone upload this on different server please ? this link doesn't seems to work for me.

Para

Thanks, it's working fine now

ravydavy

My swirl pot is under the bonnet. i had fuel starvation issues. Soon as it gets to 3/4 tank its a pain in the arse

dodsworth_gti

great build

been trying to think of a trick way to mount a bar for my harnesess saw this and its a right idea,simple but affective.

now i just dont want to copy you haha so im going to build one coming of the rear beam mounts

top car well done :)