• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest weemo1rush

1.9 On Twin 45s

Guest weemo1rush

Hi just wanted to let you guys know that i have just done a deal on a 1900 p2 engine with twin 45s and a high lift cam plus some other odds and sods that i need for my fast road 205 , all for a bargain price of 600 quid , i think i have done wells

A question also i will be removing my tired 1900 lump and overhauling it i will do most of the work myself , im not really sure where to go for bearings and valve sims etc. im coming from a german car background hence why i dont know where to go , im thinking of dealer but am worried it will be expensive?

cheers all

Baz

Fairly cheap yes.

For the bearings, try Miles on here. ^_^

Edited by Baz

Baz

What? ^_^ I got the link wrong! :)

eldoro

ok, a serious noob question here! ;)

your talking about 45s, i presume your talking about the 45 twin carbs? those things that suck in air?

These things in fact

What exectly is that?

hcmini1989
ok, a serious noob question here! ;)

your talking about 45s, i presume your talking about the 45 twin carbs? those things that suck in air?

These things in fact

What exectly is that?

there called carburetors.they mix the fuel and air at the right quantity before it go`s inside the engine .the ones in your link are from honda cbr firblade .

the ones in the post are called weber 45s .the 45 being the size.so carbs are used when the injection is done away with.

im sure if you do a search on google that you can find a better explantion

throttle bodies on the other hand wich are like carbs but they only let air in and injectors are fitted so that as the air comes in the right fuel is injected in.

to create the right air fuel mixture before it enters the engine

hope this helps

Edited by hcmini1989