• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Trumpets With Injector Mounting

smckeown

Other than jenvey (and re-sellers) I don't see any other suppliers around. Does anyone know of anyone else supplying trumpets with injector and fuel rail mountings ?

Batfink
Other than jenvey (and re-sellers) I don't see any other suppliers around. Does anyone know of anyone else supplying trumpets with injector and fuel rail mountings ?

While you are looking make sure you get an airbox as well as I've known a few cars with the extra rail of injectors to have mini engine fires due to petrol dripping onto the hot engine

smckeown

Yeah an airbox is on the cards this time. Also by housing the injector on the trumpet itself, should be less risk of fuel leaking. I'm not too keen on the injector being housed outside the trumpet.

Rippthrough

Haven't seen any but it's relatively easy to mount up a fuel rail yourself off the trumpet nuts, you can even make it adjustable easily.

Miles

That reminds me of Nick Williamson's old car, He had injectors in his bell mouth's and it cault on fire a few time's, His soloution was to floor the throttle and suck the flames in, No more fire LOL

But if your fitting them in there you need to make sure the angle is right,

I;ve always known these to be made up bespoke, But Ive got a stand off fuel rail (16v) which I don;t need anymore if any use

smckeown

bugger, jenvey only sell 42mm bore trumpets with injector mounts (I know i should have gone 42mm TBs :) )

I have tried a few other places and no one seems to sell them.

So the only option seems to be externally mounted injectors

Sam

Are you going to run 8 injectors then? I'm not sure whether to or not. The manifold I have bought can do 2 banks, one half way down the runners and one in the trumpets, they are 54mm though...

IMG_1683.jpg

pdd144c

We have made of few of these setups Sean, bespoke to each car, all external/stand off though:

post-71-1172279001.jpg

smckeown

I've done some more research and I'm now thinking that the trumpet mounted injectiors are not such a good idea. Specifically because of:

Injectors squirting into the trumpet from the front should result in better atomisation. I also read that you want a narrow angle nozzle to minimise wet walling and provide a stronger spray to reduce the mixture to be blown back out by the way of reflections

SO on the basis the front mounted injectors seems to tbe the way to go i then thought about mounting.

I still want to have the ability to use my spacers to fine tune the inlet tract.

SO using the mounting studs from the TBs is not an option. So I thought about using say a 5mm ali sheet and use that as a thin spacer between the last trumpet and the spacers. You then cut the necessary holes in the sheet for the bores and you then have a strong base on which to mount any fuel rail mechanism; at the same time being able to move the trumpets & outer injectors with ease (assuming you have ebough spare fuel line)

Sign in to follow this