• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Tom Fenton

Favourite Tools

woodymi16

Which model is this?

Again, which model is this?

This is mine from Machine Mart

DeWalt DCF889M2 18V XR Li-Ion High Torque Impact Wrench

aldworth33

The milauwakee above is the 18v thunderbolt they're about 500quid but good guns. I like the snap on guns myself but these are definitely as good

stef205

we have a few snap on guns at work they struggle to say the least!

The milwaukee is M18CHIWF12-502x 1/2" i paid just over £400 for it with 2x 5.0ah and a rubber jonny.

dobboy

My pal has/had an older Milwaukee gun but couldn't get a new battery, so he gave it away to another pal and replaced it with a newer version.

The guy he gave it to contacted a company called "Recell" or something similar, and they are re celling the old battery for £60

He's gutted lol

welshpug

theyre a bit expensive!!! I can get a new warranted makita battery for less than they are asking for to stick cheap cells into my casing!!

dobboy

If you can buy a new battery for yours you wouldn't need to send your pack to them, but in my freinds case nobody manufactured his battery so it was a good option.

And if your work pays for it, it doesn't matter how much it costs.

GLPoomobile

*********PLEASE NOTE**********

It would be really helpful if anyone replying on this topic could actually type the name of the tool, make and model, as well as it's purpose. Takes a few moments extra but the info will be there for all to see in future. I've just re-read this thread and it's usefulness has now been compromised by dead links and missing photos.

aldworth33

I've used lithium ion snap on guns since they came out on and off and the only thing I've not been able to get off was a totally decimated vauxhall vectra crank pulley bolt, bearing in mind a lot of that time I was working on trucks (obviously not being stupid with what I used it on eg wheels nuts etc) but I have also used the dewalt 1/2 18v impact and I'd say it's as good if not better than the snap on one, but I've never used the milauwakee to compare

Mac Crash

Free from a good friend who insisted as I never take anything for helping him out with things...

HILTI%20Grinder%20amp%20Drill_zpspo5qdxr

Drill is just a drill, does what others do but feels quite robust... cordless grinder however is brilliant.

Rippthrough

Have a couple of big impact/air guns but bought this recently, which is superb, so short you can get it in all sorts of places you can't normally get with anything bar a puny 90* air drive.
Makes the Clarke look silly for torque too.

CdHI95xWEAAODGW.jpg

Makita 1/2" impact wrench - takes the usual 18v LXT batteries, 3 torque settings and when you put your hand around the grip it barely extends past your knuckles, great thing.

Edited by Rippthrough

Alastairh

The next model up - DTW450Z looks a decent buy as well. A bit more chunky but capable of 450nm for £190 bare.

Rippthrough

Have one of those, tthey're about the same size as that Clarke - even better, the new 1001 is a bit bulkier width wisem but similar overall size and pulls 1000+nm - snaps M16 bolts for fun.

GLPoomobile

Have one of those, tthey're about the same size as that Clarke - even better, the new 1001 is a bit bulkier width wisem but similar overall size and pulls 1000+nm - snaps M16 bolts for fun.

Christ! Just googled that and it's a fecking beast! Mental to think that cordless guns are becoming so powerful now.

Mac Crash

Yip, and many different factors will decide what you buy or invest in... for my mind, a rattle gun is a workshop tool so pneumatic will always be best, probably won't stop me buying a battery powered gun as well though, useless information but F1 Mercedes were using helium gas to power their guns last year until banned... they obviously found something about it was better? looking for a gun myself, still not decided on what to buy either...

Tom Fenton

a rattle gun is a workshop tool so pneumatic will always be best,

Sorry but don't agree, my Dewalt has been all over the country with me, but even when in the garage I rarely use my pneumatic gun these days. Once you have bought one you will see.

Rippthrough

As above, we have plumbed in air in the workshop with a serious sized compressor and the electric impact guns get used more than the air guns. They're just far more versatile, and you're not trailing an air line around all the time.
Then you can throw it in the back of the car for another job, or a trackday.

Edited by Rippthrough

barneys66

My simple little flaring tool - made new lines today a breeze.

DSC_1155_zpshs5kgjk2.jpg

• Like 1

dobboy

I bought this today, seems a good deal with the lifetime guarantee, and more importantly for me the sockets don't skip sizes:

£300 to £135

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-200-piece-socket-and-ratchet-spanner-set?cm_re=slides-_-Slide+1-_-200pcset

DSC_1155_zpshs5kgjk2.jpg

They are great tools.

JamPug

I have the same socket set dobboy. Really impressed with it and I've already broke some bits of it and they simply just give you new one, no questions asked.

• Like 1

dobboy

I have the same socket set dobboy. Really impressed with it and I've already broke some bits of it and they simply just give you new one, no questions asked.

Cool, the only problem I see is (excluding the black impact sockets), the sockets are all 12 multi-point and liable to chew stubborn nuts, unlike a 6 faced sockets.

But very handy having all the bits and bobs in one case.

lemmingzappa

DSC_1155_zpshs5kgjk2.jpg

I also agree that these work well!

Better than other types I've tried in the past.

dobboy

I've ordered one of these for my "work" (honest!)

http://www.marmax.co.uk/acatalog/cordless_impact_wrenches.html

◾Working torque in forward 68-746 Nm

◾Maximum torque in forward 813 Nm

◾Working torque in reverse 880 Nm

◾Maximum torque in reverse 1057 Nm

◾Nut busting torque in reverse 1486 Nm

I think this is quite cheap for them, I had been quoted a lot more elsewhere.

barneys66

Cat nappies !! Actually, they're puppy training pads bought for my dearly-departed 22 year-old cat who was struggling a bit in her final months.

Not exactly a tool, but invaluable in the workshop. Super-hand to thrown down for any potential spills, and make nice bright mats to work on on the workbench.

DSC_1347_zpsow3dbfhu.jpg

DSC_1346_zpstzbvis8n.jpg

DSC_1345_zpscx2yvrml.jpg

DSC_1344_zpswdsc7if9.jpg