• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

davemar

205 Exhaust For Mi16 Reangled Manifold

davemar

I've got a 205 1.9 Gti (1989 vintage) with an 1.9 Mi16 engine which uses the reangled exhuast manifold. My exhaust system has the two silencers, and has spouted a few holes now (been on the car many years). I recently tried patching up the holes, and after refitting I noticed that the system quite often knocks against the body. It's even worse now on refitting. So I think I'll buy a new mid and end section.

However, I'm not entirely sure what I should be buying, as there seems to lots of options and most pictures are completely devoid of detail. My current system is joined via normal slide over tubes rather then with the olive-style joints. I've seen two types of rear silencer, a round one and an oval one. I've currently got the oval one, but can either type be used? Which is a better fit, as mine seems to be knocking against the side nearest the wheel? Any particular brands to buy or avoid? Not looking for expensive stainless system.

Miles

You have to cut and shorten the D/P from any system, nothing is off the shelf for these, I have seen std ones fitted but they tend to hang down slightly

davemar

I had cut a bit off the D/P to help it fit better.

It used to be a lot better in the old days when parts like this were held in stock at parts stockists and you can see them first hand before buying!