• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

[engine_work] 205 Gti 1.9 Miami Blue

BlueBolt

Header tank isn't fitted in the pictures - the bottle on the other side is the standard screen wash reservoir.

I guess I should know that... Will learn to pay more attention to my car at some point...!!

Miles

Almost there and if it wasn't for leaving my laptop at home she would have fired up today although without the exhaust on a tad loud

So started to install the new Driveshaft's and from being told the brake lines seemed short, well the picture tells all, you cannot even get full lock

I'll let Welshpug guess the supplier

post-43-0-78848700-1332888133_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-38291500-1332888145_thumb.jpg

Miles

Brake pipe lengths' As you can see from the OE standard pipe the replaced which was bought as a GTi6 calliper pipe must be all of around 2mm longer

But engine's almost there, Just waiting on the Silicone pipes, Exhaust gasket and acc belt

post-43-0-78578300-1332982883_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-92018800-1332982901_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-48454600-1332982922_thumb.jpg

harryskid

Could you arrange a prize drawer to be held on here? First prize a test drive in your nice motor ,i'll slip you an extra couple of quid if you give me the winning ticket! :lol:

BlueBolt

Could you arrange a prize drawer to be held on here? First prize a test drive in your nice motor ,i'll slip you an extra couple of quid if you give me the winning ticket! :lol:

Lmao

Well now that you say that...

Umm......

Possibly, in a controlled environment, and all proceeds go to the charity of choice (me) and as long as you can't see a single hard item that the car could possibly hit/touch/scuff!!!

And even the ground counts in that list!! Lmao

Thanks for the compliment tho!! You never know, a drive of it may happen some day, I have NO intention of parting with this car ever now!! :)

harryskid

Lmao

Umm......

Possibly, in a controlled environment, and all proceeds go to the charity of choice (me) and as long as you can't see a single hard item that the car could possibly hit/touch/scuff!!!

Thanks for the compliment tho!! You never know, a drive of it may happen some day, I have NO intention of parting with this car ever now!! :)

Lmao

Umm......

I like driving past chicain hay bales very quickly , you know the very big ones and have been know to loose the odd wing mirror but in this case i would go very steady till i get to the tractor tryes! :lol: :lol:

BlueBolt

Lol :lol:

Miles

We are all up and running now, Just waiting on the water pipes and to order a rear brake compensator as it's one of those years I've had loads fail by not passing any fluid, then I can confirm the mapping date

• Like 1

BlueBolt

We are all up and running now, Just waiting on the water pipes and to order a rear brake compensator as it's one of those years I've had loads fail by not passing any fluid, then I can confirm the mapping date

And a new/recon rear beam... Always a nice cheap surprise to find a seized item attached to the car!! Lol

james_pug

Wow Chris looks like your spending alot on it! When are you getting it back? You'll have to try and make it to the meet in may be good to see it after all the work.

BlueBolt

Wow Chris looks like your spending alot on it! When are you getting it back? You'll have to try and make it to the meet in may be good to see it after all the work.

"enough" would be a fare estimate... Lol

Don't actually want to get all the receipts together ad work it out to be honest lol

Planning on making it to the meet in May... Tempted by all of them, even the Scottish ones... I just wanna get back in it and drive it!! Been off the road a long time now!!

We should perhaps meet on route and head to it together...??

james_pug

can do dont expect me to keep up though! ill be going in my red 1.9 i think. will you be going to pugfest aswell?

Miles

Almost there now, Took her for a quick spin up the road to make sure nothing fall's off ready for the mapping in the next few days

post-43-0-53821200-1334701459_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

BlueBolt

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm SO looking forward to driving my "baby" :) !!!!!!!!

Miles

Not sure what happened to that pic, If it's not raining tomorrow I'll try and get some more

BlueBolt

Not sure what happened to that pic, If it's not raining tomorrow I'll try and get some more

:)

Zara

this looks gooooooood! :D i like reading these threads! it really gives inspiration! :D good job! keep it up.

harryskid

Any more news ?

BlueBolt

Waiting on map and collection...!!

Slightly on the excited side!!

Sorry, that pretty much means no more news as yet....

Weser

Very nice job. Looks lovely. I would be excited too!

Quick question. In the last pic have you painted the slam pannel Miles?

BlueBolt

Very nice job. Looks lovely. I would be excited too!

Quick question. In the last pic have you painted the slam pannel Miles?

No, that line goes right through the picture lol

harryskid

Sounds like it'll be worth the wait! :D