• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
artois7

Stdt Worth Saving?

artois7

Been offered a STDT by a friend locally for cheap as he's lost the storage space.

Been sat up since 2015, last run almost a year ago after a year of sitting and it started right up but apparently "smoked". Not seen this myself.

Few areas of rot on the shell; under the rear seats and in the boot.

Gold with gold 1.9 gti alloys, browny/beige interior, relatively straight other than the rot and a few dings and dents here and there.

Would likely either be a flip or break car for me, not sure if there's much market for them. No STDTs on ebay for a guide price!

Anthony

Not much point breaking it really, but they do seem to sell quite well on eBay and the like as running MOT'd cars. Worth getting if cheap providing you've the time and space.

Is this the one that Paul used to have locally or another?

artois7

Not much point breaking it really, but they do seem to sell quite well on eBay and the like as running MOT'd cars. Worth getting if cheap providing you've the time and space.

Is this the one that Paul used to have locally or another?

Yeah Paul's one. He has this and a red shell that he needs shifting after moving house.

Anthony

Thought it might be - there can't be that many of them locally! :)

Not seen it in the metal, but Paul's one did look reasonably tidy from memory judging by the Faceache pictures when he bought it.

Go take a look - if it looks solid enough and doesn't look like it'll need much for an MOT, I don't think you can go too far wrong. Engine isn't the end of the world if it's something serious and not just a dead glowplug - no one wants the 1.8TD lump so they're cheap as chips when they come up.

welshpug

is the other shell a gti and straight?

artois7

is the other shell a gti and straight?

Yeah It's a cherry gti. as far as I know some of the front has been cut but all panels seemed straight when I glanced over it for 10 seconds last time I was there. I'll know more when I go to see it properly. More or less a bare shell though; no running gear. Got doors and a boot lid but they'd likely be sold.

• Like 1

Gaz205

I wouldn't have thought the STDT would fetch that much in the condition and mileage it has. If it's a weekend and £100 to get it spruced up and tested there may be a drink in it.

It's like these 'time warp' automatic 1600's that keep appearing on eBay at 5k .... Who cares!

Shame to break it but the wings doors trims and bumpers would have some value

artois7

I wouldn't have thought the STDT would fetch that much in the condition and mileage it has. If it's a weekend and £100 to get it spruced up and tested there may be a drink in it.

It's like these 'time warp' automatic 1600's that keep appearing on eBay at 5k .... Who cares!

Shame to break it but the wings doors trims and bumpers would have some value

It would be a shame to break it. Also a shame that the total lack of STDTs for sale on the internet means there's nothing to base a value on, but I figure even a non-runner is worth a couple hundred and would be easy enough to sell on to someone wanting to fix.

Gaz205

I owned one in the early 2000's and to be fair it was ropey but rare. I don't think they were ever that popular and maybe that's why there aren't many about, also people's lack of motivation to actually save them as its just a diesel with a gti kit.

Even gentry's are fetching peanuts from the last few I've seen sell.

Anthony

From what I've saw on eBay last year, ratty ones seem to sell for £500 upwards and nicer ones £1000-1500 or so. Not seen any in a little while so not sure how much they've crept up since - probably safe to assume it won't be anything like the increases made by GTi's, but probably more than the regular base models (once you ignore the laughable speculative prices like Gaz mentions above)

Tesstuff

Anthony is correct, all STDT make decent money these days.

There is no such thing as a couple of hundred quid STDT, how much do you think the Gti kit on it is worth? :)

Gaz205

From what I've saw on eBay last year, ratty ones seem to sell for £500 upwards and nicer ones £1000-1500 or so. Not seen any in a little while so not sure how much they've crept up since - probably safe to assume it won't be anything like the increases made by GTi's, but probably more than the regular base models (once you ignore the laughable speculative prices like Gaz mentions above)

???? I never placed any value on one? Take that back!!

My reference to £100 was to be used on sprucing one up not buying the bloody thing!

Anthony

I was talking about the £5k Base model auto being laughable, not spending £100 to sort a few bits out :)

Gaz205

I was talking about the £5k Base model auto being laughable, not spending £100 to sort a few bits out :)

Ahh gotcha!

(ECU arrived btw ????)

artois7

I went to check it out, it had/has considerably more rot than previously noticed and the GTI kit had cracks all over the place, so there aren't too many salvageable parts.

It probably could be saved but it won't be by me.

Anthony

That's a shame - it looked quite tidy in the photos :(

AaronMountford1990

For future reference 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-205-stdt-/312260131210?hash=item48b427798a%3Ag%3AiAcAAOSwlKlbviko&nma=true&si=GW07EHbFmuv86AxF6OWi4E4RCx8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A 205 STDT with the following description sold for £1390

"152k and mot till aug 2019 runs and drives 100% and is a quick little car picks up very well iv only owned this 6 mnths but now need a bigger car.since owning it iv put new driveshafts,wheelbearings,droplinks and a full service so it is mechanically sound.however bodywork does need attention with the odd dent and laquar peel on the roof and the bonnet is carbon fibre wraped but looks ok paint does clean up quite well my goal was to get it all done but as said up above interior is clean and tidy but does have wear car is lowerd on spax and handles very well but is quite bouncy this was a rolling work in progress and wanted it machically sound b4 i started on the bodywork it does need niggles but nothing serious but if u have any questions just msg i still use the car daily so millage will increase"

The number plate may have helped sale...L205FKO

I've been offered around £500 for mine as a non-runner, which I'm making into a runner, so there's another potential baseline for valuing.

Telf

I know that car- tidy interior but £1300...

Well I wouldn't pay it - the top mount enclosures both side on the front suspension had horrendous cracks in them.

jackherer
4 hours ago, Telf said:

I know that car-

Me too! I googled the number plate after the first time I saw it and there are some interesting old threads on other forums.

Anthony
57 minutes ago, jackherer said:

Me too! I googled the number plate after the first time I saw it and there are some interesting old threads on other forums.

Ha, I think the new owner might be in for a shock when they find some of the history.  To be fair, one of the recent owners must have shown it some love as it looks far better - at least superficially - now than it did then.

Telf

It was in a mess when I looked at it 2 weeks ago....

AaronMountford1990

Another for reference: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Peugeot-205-Stdt-Turbo-diesel-72k-No-reserve-Spares-or-repairs/123456222229?hash=item1cbe907415:g:6i4AAOSwjrFb1e8O

Sold for £820, and the paintwork as mentioned was bloody awful, keyed, lacquer peel on roof and bonnet, etc. Had an 'original' spoiler though fitted below the boot glass which I hadn't seen before.

Oberon Green 

1994 Peugeot 205 Stdt - No reserve

Up for grabs is this 1994 Peugeot 205, It's sold for spares or repairs.

3 owners 72k miles, No Mot, Cambelt snapped & valves damaged - There is a spare head in the boot.

Paintwork is awful as you can see & plenty of scratches etc, that said the bodywork is very good, its all original & accident free & there's no welding been done & none needed.

The boot spoiler is an original Peugeot item, The car did drive fine prior to the belt going.

Lots of paperwork & history for the car & the older syle V5, Sunroof blind is in the car but not fitted.

The mot expired in august 2017.

There's a few spares to come with the car as well.

It could make a lovely example of something you don't see many of nowadays.

Any questions please ask - Viewing welcome.

Cash on collection from Southampton Hampshire within 7 days of auction ending.

No time wasters please.

SOLD AS A NON RUNNER & YOU WILL NEED A TRAILER ETC !