• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cazzy93

205 Xs Gearbox

cazzy93

having a bit of problem with my gear box was at an autotest the other week and once i had finished for the day took my 205 xs a run down the runway as i selected 2nd it would select but as you brought the clutch up it would go ban and then just crunch i can now only get 1.3 and reverse gear so took the gearbox out and have found was going to just put another 1 on ( have 3 spare gear boxes ( 1.4 gear box from a gr or something, 1.1 xl gearbox and a xe gear box) but can't work out what is the best to use the codes are

Xs gear box sticker was missing but under it there was a code stamped to the boc 20CB34 D239430

xe gearbox sticker 2CA41 025190

Xl gearbox 2CA02

other gearbox i cant see any codes.

or does any one know what gear conbination would be best as i dont want a high top speed but want a quick retio eg: not much of a difference between 1 and 2 etc so its quick if the mark.

have used this website but can quite work it out.

Mikey S

the xe gearbox will definately be a four speeder so throw that straight in the bin. the xl im not so sure about, it maybe a four speed but if it was from a 'special edition' it maybe a five.

id go for the 1.4 box but im unsure on ratios tbh.

Sign in to follow this