• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andykandy205

Dynamat

andykandy205

Any 1 know the best way to remove dynamat. i want to paint the inside of my car but the bloody stuff is everywhere any help appreciated..

Andy.

Ryan

If you heat it up with a hair dryer then it should soften it and make it easier to peel off.

large

Yer heat it up and it should come off.

Rom

If its still pliable, then heat and peel as said.

I done a nova once that had loads of stuff stuck on, but you couldnt peel it off no matter what. Ended up chieseling most off it off, then wire wheel. Took ages :)

Pugnut

i did mine a couple of years ago. i softened it with a heat gun and scraped it back. then the residue thats left will come off with a decent soaking using white spirit (not thinners lol) and wiping with a cloth. not to bad once you get into the swing of it and the paint underneath is left unharmed.

marksorrento205

As said, heat it up. I used a heat gun and a paint scraper to remove mine. Peace of cake. It ways a tonne too. Best thing to do is get rid of it. If its anything like mine the previous owner used it to hide rust :D

Sign in to follow this