• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bill

Another Roll Cage Thread-msa?

bill

just bought an omp 6 point bolt in cage, with no mounting brackets, a few people off here have suggested getting some made up as its cheaper, is it possible to get my bolt in cage welded in permanently, if so, do i just take it to some welding firm or garage, or would it have to be car motorsport based? i'd like to get an msa logbook for the car at some point, anyone got any links to what the specifications/standards are, regarding the cage.

one last thing, can you add to the roll cage ie. say door bars

cheers

who can fit it not how can fit it :rolleyes:

Edited by bill

welshpug

anyone who can weld and cut metal would be able to fit it, the feet/plates need to be 3mm thick minimum for MSA regs IIRC, get a copy of the blue book if you can.

yes you can add door bars harness bars etc, but it needs to be of suitable material.

bill
anyone who can weld and cut metal would be able to fit it, the feet/plates need to be 3mm thick minimum for MSA regs IIRC, get a copy of the blue book if you can.

yes you can add door bars harness bars etc, but it needs to be of suitable material.

cheers bud, whats the blue book? msa regs? might see if my usual mechanic will fit it then, like the sig btw!

Batfink

basically the floor mounting points need to be welded in no matter what cage you have.

bill

ok, cheers, might as well go the full hog now!

stealth_pug

can proably pick the blue book up dirt cheap off ebay as the years nearly over. Just look for MSA blue book.

philfingers

Total Motorsport Solutions in Leeds are good, also Protec in Bamber Bridge are good too, if they're still about. TMS do pugs, Protec do corsa's and other VX, though a cage is a cage

large

You can buy the mounting plates from people like Demon tweeks but it costs silly money. Best bet is to make your own all the info you well need as said can be found in the blue book witch you get with your msa licence.

You should have had door bars with it if not i think you can get them and they are easy to fit.

bill
Total Motorsport Solutions in Leeds are good, also Protec in Bamber Bridge are good too, if they're still about. TMS do pugs, Protec do corsa's and other VX, though a cage is a cage

Mmmmmmmmmmm, the "also pro-tec are good" bit concerns me lol, me and a LOT of mates have had f*** ups with these boys, so i wont be returning there, one of which included, a mate with a nice redtop nova ( back in the day ) bought a throttle body kit, ( think it was jenvey ) which they gave him the all clear to do, and said they would fit it, half way through the job, they said they couldn't do it, so it had to get trailored to a place in leicester who knew what they where doing, to finish the job, and undo the mistakes pro-tec had made, so he got charged off pro-tec about a gtand and a half, ( for what?) had to pay for it to be trailored to leciester, and then for the new place to sort it, so very expensive thanks to those boys, this was the final straw for me, i opted never to use them again, not to mention other issues we've had with them, my local garage are willing to take on the job, so touch wood!

cheers for the post though, just i've had bad experiences with them :rolleyes:

bill

might have a blue book coming :rolleyes:, and hoping the garage will make the cage fit with making there own brackets up, failing them, just thought about the place in accrington that do track prep for lotus's etc, cant think of there name??????

philfingers

just done a search for TMS and not sure they're still running now either! everyone has a horror story!

welshpug

TMS , is thatr same as TAS which is now compbrake?

Edited by welshpug

bill
just done a search for TMS and not sure they're still running now either! everyone has a horror story!

agreed, but i have quite a few horry stories :unsure:

philfingers

TAS are completely different to Compbrake. Compbrake used to make some stuff for TAS. Stephen Fell is the guy who owns Compbrake. TMS was run by a guy called Simon Preston who I found to be very honest and sincere. They were in Leeds.

welshpug

ahh righto :unsure:

Sign in to follow this