• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richt

Removing 205 Gti Seat Cover/ Bolster.

Robsbc
recieved!

I've found the tool Peugeot use to detrim the seats....It's actually a standard tool used by upholsterers...The tool is called a hog ring plier and can be bought from this place for £34.95, item 364...

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/tools.html

The hog clips can be also be bought from them....

Rob

Robsbc
I've found the tool Peugeot use to detrim the seats....It's actually a standard tool used by upholsterers...The tool is called a hog ring plier and can be bought from this place for £34.95, item 364...

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/tools.html

The hog clips can be also be bought from them....

Rob

And to repair/bring back those leather seats back to new condition :-

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/Lkit.html

Ben Allen
the bolster side supports are fairly flat on mine from getting in and out. Like most i suspect.

Is it possible to just get some foam, from a foam shop and cut that to the correct size? Would like to have my seats looking like new.

thanks Tom.

If you find some other GTi/XS/other seats with the same style bolsters in the scrappy and nick the inside bolsters, they should be mint. Then just use those as outside ones and you're sorted :wacko:

richt

Cheers Rob, dont need the dye stuff, but the tool looks good, worth buying to do the job or not?

Robsbc
Cheers Rob, dont need the dye stuff, but the tool looks good, worth buying to do the job or not?

I would personally say yes myself after doing the seat bolster...

A lot of time is faffing about trying to re-use the clips i.e bending/straightening them and trying to hold the clips with two nose pliers...The job woulb be quicker with the right tool and new clips...

jeremy

From doing my seat conversion ie a passengers to a drivers, replacing one side bolster, and repairing the other bolster, a pair of those hog ring pliers would certainly reduce the time by about 35 to 45%. However on the bottom of the seat I manageed to use stripped electrical wire (this has been suggested before, so thanks to that person for the idea), and twisted it with a pair of water pump pliers.

I guess it all depends on how many seats you intend doing, personally if you have the spare cash then go and buy them, followed by making a video as I suggested in a previous thread when taking the seat apart, as this then makes the jobs 100 times easier when you have to put it all back together again So from having a seat that was well and truely had it I now have one almost new looking, and very proud of it to until I droped the seat just before putting it back in the car and made a hole with the sub frame in the kitchen laminate flooring which will take another 6 hours to fix!

ellisg
very proud of it to until I droped the seat just before putting it back in the car and made a hole with the sub frame in the kitchen laminate flooring which will take another 6 hours to fix!

Been there, done that. Finished laminate floor and dropped tools when clearing up, damaging flooring. Amazing what rugs can hide :wacko: It would have taken 2 days to take up/re-lay

jeremy
Been there, done that. Finished laminate floor and dropped tools when clearing up, damaging flooring. Amazing what rugs can hide :wacko: It would have taken 2 days to take up/re-lay

Probably even worse for me as I took the skirting board off, then put new on top of the flooring so I would have to use beading, oh I wish I had now! And you can't really have a rug in the kitchen as it could be rather dangerous.

Robsbc
From doing my seat conversion ie a passengers to a drivers, replacing one side bolster, and repairing the other bolster, a pair of those hog ring pliers would certainly reduce the time by about 35 to 45%. However on the bottom of the seat I manageed to use stripped electrical wire (this has been suggested before, so thanks to that person for the idea), and twisted it with a pair of water pump pliers.

I guess it all depends on how many seats you intend doing, personally if you have the spare cash then go and buy them, followed by making a video as I suggested in a previous thread when taking the seat apart, as this then makes the jobs 100 times easier when you have to put it all back together again So from having a seat that was well and truely had it I now have one almost new looking, and very proud of it to until I droped the seat just before putting it back in the car and made a hole with the sub frame in the kitchen laminate flooring which will take another 6 hours to fix!

Just spoken to a car upholstery trimmer regarding seat bolster repairs...I came across his number on the PSOCC forum as he had been recommended for doing a repair last year...

To replace a seat bolster with his company costs £35, consists of removing the cover, repairing the seat bloster by cutting out the damaged side bolster and replacing with a new foam profile carved by him (takes about an hour), glue piece back onto bloster and then refit cover....

For £35 that's cheap considering a new bolster from Peugeot is £100 plus VAT.

Edited by Robsbc

Guest Frenchy

Anyone got a spare bolster?

Guest Frenchy

I got a bolster from an XS at the scrappy. Also took a bollocking off the bloke for ripping a perfectly good passenger seat apart!!! :D Gave him a tenner. Soon shut up!

Just finished swapping the bolsters now. Man, what a ball ache. Final result is pretty good. Just hoping now that the more use it gets, the more it will settle in and look original. I'm always on the look out for any concourse 205 leather thats for sale anyway, so it might not be in the car forever!

I would'nt want to do it again mind! I'm knackered after playing about with it all afternoon. :blink:

Robsbc
I got a bolster from an XS at the scrappy. Also took a bollocking off the bloke for ripping a perfectly good passenger seat apart!!! :D Gave him a tenner. Soon shut up!

Just finished swapping the bolsters now. Man, what a ball ache. Final result is pretty good. Just hoping now that the more use it gets, the more it will settle in and look original. I'm always on the look out for any concourse 205 leather thats for sale anyway, so it might not be in the car forever!

I would'nt want to do it again mind! I'm knackered after playing about with it all afternoon. :blink:

Not sure what you mean about the look of your bolster now...What's different about it now apart from the obvious with the bolster being from a passenger seat?

Guest Frenchy

My bolster has been knackered for a long time by the looks of it. Leather is all creased and folded, so consequently it has not taken to the shape of the new bolster straight away.

As I said, hopefully, with use it will settle down on to the bolster properly.

Sign in to follow this