• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Andy

Webber Alpha Engine Management System

Andy

Afternoon,

Having now researched a carb option for my 8v engine, I am also looking at throttle bodies. Does anyone here have any experience of using the Weber Alpha system? I ask as they seem to have a complete kit including loom, sensors, manifold, bodies, coil and ancillaries.

Andy

welshpug

not many mappers about that do weber kit, better off with a DTA or OMEX, much more support for them.

Simes

and Emerald and Jenvey throttle bodies.

Miles

Weber Alpha is a very rare set up, I must say when I have dealt with them the back up was good but as said the lack of mappers is the main issue and the system now is very old so the likes of Omex, Emerald etc are better all round and the re-sale value is allot better as well

Andy

Thank you. Having read the installation guide for the Weber system that was written in 2001 I had begun to suspect that it is a system that is getting a bit long in the tooth, but seemed attractive as it was such a complete kit. I will continue to do my research.

Thanks for your input,

Andy

Miles

It would just be a universal kit with the old trigger wheel mounted on the front pulley and universal loom, the nice way is to replace the flywheel and use the OE fittings along with coil pack housing so no need for brackets, OE leads etc,which of course a supplier would not list nor supply, if you need a quote drop me a PM

• Like 1