Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

K20 Swapped And Opinions On Driveshaft Angle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

K20205

K20205
  • Drivers
  • 33 posts
  • Name:Onur
Hi there,

Ive mounted my engine into the bay now and ive taken a picture of the angle, please tell me if they are fine because thats as far as the engine will go back without touching the subframe.

30bg0ol.jpg

jackherer

jackherer
  • Team Managers
  • 11,218 posts

I watched a Youtube video of a Dutch guy fitting a K20 into a 205 and he had to modify the subframe and/or chassis legs to get the driveshafts straight. It doesn't look like a K20 is an easy fit into a 205 sadly.

I think it was this video -

Edited by jackherer, 20 July 2017 - 12:27 PM.

K20205

K20205
  • Drivers
  • 33 posts

I watched a Youtube video of a Dutch guy fitting a K20 into a 205 and he had to modify the subframe and/or chassis legs to get the driveshafts straight. It doesn't look like a K20 is an easy fit into a 205 sadly.

Ive watched his videos too,
Everyone fits it in a different way and angle.

I didnt use spacers on the subframe just notched the part of the frame where the diff was touching.

t84zo7.jpg

ajuxyp.jpg

Edited by K20205, 20 July 2017 - 12:32 PM.

jackherer

jackherer
  • Team Managers
  • 11,218 posts

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that video was the way to do it, just that there are a lot of problems with the driveshaft angles with no elegant solution that I have seen so far.

K20205

K20205
  • Drivers
  • 33 posts

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that video was the way to do it, just that there are a lot of problems with the driveshaft angles with no elegant solution that I have seen so far.

No im not saying you said anything wrong,
Theres always problems when it comes to engine swaps especially if the engine is from another make of car.

I think my angles are fine but i just wanted to get other peoples views on it. A slight bit of angle wont make problems.

Powers

Powers
  • Drivers
  • 696 posts

I cut away and then reinforced a section of the subframe where the diff casing hits. But I designed mine so it can fit onto the standard mounting points as I didn't want to devalue the shell.