• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Part Numbers For Rear Beam Parts

welshpug

Seems this crops up quite frequently, so here's a screenshot of each individual part that may be required to rebuild a 205's rear beam, all parts are the same for the 309 assembly bar the crossmember tube.

205beampartspices8.th.jpg

5176 17 Arm shaft is quite self explanatory in description

pict0162ce9.th.jpg

5148 48 Crossmember tube I haven't actually taken a decent a picture of, what is good to know here is that they come with all 4 bearings prefitted, saving you about £30

5172 24 Bearing bush is for the Anti Roll bar end plate.

pict0166bg0.th.jpg

5174 03 Crossmember seal, this sits between the ARB plate and the end of the arm shaft.

pict0165zu5.th.jpg

both shown here -

arbendplatesealbushrr8.th.jpg

5131 45 Socket, is the bearing, as is 5132 49 (inner + outer)

pict0171gt9.th.jpg

pict0170jz6.th.jpg

5154 09 CUP is the part that sits on the arm shaft, which the seal runs on

pict0169ju5.th.jpg

5154 08 Suspension Arm Seal, guess what!! this is the part that lets all the crap into your beam!!

pict0168ih8.th.jpg

5154 10 is the metal sleeve that the seal is pressed into.

pict0167ft0.th.jpg

finally the little screws etc in the attached pictures;

5153 10 Suspension bar Stud, this is the stud that had a shoulder half way and a slotted end.

5153 12 Suspension Bar Washer, this is the offset washer on the end of the anti roll bar.

5154 05 Plug, this sits on the opposite end to the offset washer, and has the shouldered stud poking through it.

it can be seen at the top of this picture of a fooked beam tube

5153 11 Crossmember screw, this is the Torx headed countersunk bolt that everyone has difficulty with.

6932 38 Nut, this is the locknut for the Shouldered stud.

hope this is helpful to all those needing the parts.

post-71-1202662611_thumb.jpg

post-71-1202662619_thumb.jpg

post-71-1202662629_thumb.jpg

bren_1.3

anychance of making any of these topics regarding rear beam part numbers a sticky though???

welshpug's topic would be good, as its sometimes difficult to put a part number and name to an actual physical part. i.e socket...not very clear as to which part it is.

MerlinGTI

Welshpug you are the best! Nice thread dude, pics and descriptions very helpful.

Would be brilliant if you did a wee update with quanties required (ok so it's mainly common sence but it's nice to be reassured) and prices?

No pleasing some people is there :)

GTI6BOY

surgie - yes

merlin - order 2 of everything

Edited by GTI6BOY

welshpug

agreed Nick :) a quick search on servicebox would have confirmed that, as well as the fact that they're the same as the 306, and the zx + xsara :D

as well as reading the first sentence :lol:

most of the fixings are shared, though some of the ARB end plate/lever seals and bushes are a different size and hence part number.

I don't think there is much point in posting up the prices as they do fluctuate and by the time someone does a search and digs up the thread the price would most likely have changed, as indeed they have with the arm shafts.

Edited by welshpug

SurGie
agreed Nick :) a quick search on servicebox would have confirmed that, as well as the fact that they're the same as the 306, and the zx + xsara :D

Do you mean the double ended TB bolt in my post ?

GTI6BOY

yes mate the beams are the same

SurGie

So basically you could buy these suspension bar stud's bolts from citroen ?

GTI6BOY

lol...YES

SurGie

Well as they are the same and iv just spoken to citroen and they said its the same part number

and is on back order, so it looks like they are not making any more...

GTI6BOY

they wont stop making them dude...back order means that they are waiting for delivery

SurGie

No they have stoped making them "just about", autofive has said that they have stopped. They have been on back order for a year or so.

Im going to supply some very soon now from a fabricator...

WP i know that, like i said pug dont care and wont do them some time soon as they been on back order nearly a year.

They wont even say when or if they will do them again, they just mess us all about.

And its not like these bolts are very sort after in general motors terms so to speak!

Edited by SurGie

welshpug

being on backorder doesn't mean they have stopped making them!

1905 adam

Hi,

Looking at the peugeot parts book, for the crossmember, it quotes possible part numbers of:

5148.44 - UP TO S 5129459

5148.42 - GTI SINCE S 5129460 UP TO S 5895923

5148.48 - GTI SINCE S 5895924

What do these S numbers refer to :) ? I'm trying to work out which one I need!

(My chassis is of the 741C86 variety, made between 02/86 and 06/87)

Thanks!

pug_ham

They refer to your chassis number, thats the number for the full centre tube of the rear beam & I doubt you'll be able to get one of the very early ones anymore.

They had a different number of splines on the torsion bars (28/30 iic where the later ones have 30/32).

Graham.

1905 adam
They refer to your chassis number, thats the number for the full centre tube of the rear beam & I doubt you'll be able to get one of the very early ones anymore.

They had a different number of splines on the torsion bars (28/30 iic where the later ones have 30/32).

Graham.

So, just to double check, if my chassis no. ends with "7917952" then I need the 5148.48 if I'm wanting to match the tube to a pair of radius arms from that period (1987)?

Thanks!

pug_ham
So, just to double check, if my chassis no. ends with "7917952" then I need the 5148.48 if I'm wanting to match the tube to a pair of radius arms from that period (1987)?

Thanks!

Yes, afaik but you can use a centre tube from any 205 made later than yours not just a GTI model.

Graham.

billybluesky

iv`e just been trying to order parts to re build my beam and i came across a usual problem of minimum orders of certain items so i checked with citroen same diagrams same item numbers but it seams about 15% dearer plus vat still handy to know if your stuck same minimum orders though

pugpete1108

bit of an update on some beam part prices:

does not include vat:

0000517403-crossmember seal- £0.86

0000513249-socket- £8.91

0000513145-socket- £8.58

0000515408-susp arm seal- £4.65

0000515410-crossmember seal- £1.60

ouch!!

nzpug

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any particular tips for the best place to buy the list of parts for the rear beam rebuild? Or perhaps a good experience recently on buying all these parts? I'm in the south-east area but figure that the shipping can come from anywhere.

5176 17 Trailing arm shaft

5172 24 Anti roll bar bearing bush

5174 03 Crossmember seal (anti roll bar lever)

5132 49 External bearing

5131 45 Internal bearing

5154 05 Plug

5154 08 Suspension arm seal

5154 09 Cup

5154 10 External seal (suspension arm seal holder)

5153 12 Suspension bar washer

5153 11 Crossmember screw

5153 10 Suspension bar stud

6962 66 Spring washer

6932 38 Hexagonal nut

Prompt service would be nice because I'd like to get this all ASAP.

Cheers,

Matt

p.s. sorry I should have mentioned I've looked at the advertisers on the main website but wondered if anyone had any specific/other recommendations.

Edited by nzpug

jord294

main dealer :rolleyes:

nesman

Hey. Can anybody help me out and maybe hook me up with a pair of torsion bar studs P515310. A need these asap. Cheers guys