• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

Auto Bonnets

Paul_13

Hello!

Does any know of a place where to get a fibreglass auto bonnet? I've been looking around but haven't found any yet, just seeing if any one's come across them.

Cheers

Paul

Baz

Non auto ones yes, Auto shape ones are a bit harder to come across, as far as i'm aware, nobody makes them.

Paul_13

B*gger! Any one have an auto bonnet lying around that they want to sell me?!

Shame they dont make fibreglass auto bonnets bet loads of people would buy them

Paul

projectpug

Magnum Motorsport do them im pretty sure

Edited by projectpug

Paul_13

Ah brilliant i think thats the one! its pretty cheap aswell compared to others i've seen.

Cheers 4 that!

BusEngineer

That is very cheap!

Anyone on here had one of these? Just want to know what kind of quality they are?

Baz

They don't do 'Auto' ones though do they?! They're ok, a friend had the bulged one, was a little patchy, but then most things from FG are.

Edited by Baz

ashley peddle

yeah the finish is a bit shoddy from magnum - but you really cant complain for their prices...

tagy

hmm, tempted with the fiberglass bonnet. Think Ill add it to the list of things to do to the track car.

TRYNKEEPUP

try smith and deakin they do fiberglass parts for 205s, bonnets, wings, boots, not sure if they do auto bonnet but its very good quailty stuff. worth a call

mattbenselin

Hi

I have an auto bonnet and was thinking about making a fibre glass one from it (or carbon fibre). I have access to all the materials, equipment and tools needed and have some experience with fibre glass. The people around me have more though so hoping they should come out good. I also have a standard bonnet so once moulds are made up and proven to be good, I can make many more from them. In the past I have made some door skins (inner and outer) for another project and some bumpers and prepared them for painting but their may also be the option of using coloured gel coats.

This won't happen until the new year and once I have the time but if there is interest I would definitely think about producing them for members on here or anyone really. Will start a topic when I begin so keep checking back in the new year.

ps I was involved in making a bonnet for an early RX-7 which are huge pieces. We found that even with thick fibres and multiple layers it was still flimsy. I know the 205 has a smaller bonnet but I would use the same methods as before which is making strengthening 'beams' much like the standard bonnet has to reinforce the skin. Just so you know I am planning on doing it properly with standard mounting points not a crap attempt.

Cheers Matt

Paul_13

Ah brilliant! you could probably make yourself a bit a money from this, i'm deffinately interested and a few of my mates would be aswell

Paul

johnnyboy666

i'd fancy one of those (cost dependant) :unsure:

Spiky

i had a non auto and rear hatch from Magnum

fooooooooooooooooooooooooook me it took 3mths to come and i phone them EVERY week as they said it would be there friday , and never turned up

fobbed off all the time :unsure:

i have them now,

they are ok,

projectpug

In contrast to Spiky's slow delivery for me they were rapid only took 3 days. Maybe mine were sitting in stock and just had to be posted out?

All Praise The GTI

id be interested