• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Toddy

Headlights

Toddy

Do people have any preference to using either Valeo or Lucas headlights as the reflectors are a different shade?, also Valeo seem to break easily where they attach to the indicator unit?

Cheers

Last Legend

Never had a Valeo headlamp attachment break on me yet and I used to be one of the OCD people that would remove my headlights to clean behind them when I was doing concours!(still worth doing annually to check for rust)

Dont think its up to the level on concours where they check the headlamp brand yet, if that was a concern?

Lucas light used to have 'shiner' reflectors but I don't think this is the case anymore,maybe someone whos bought from them recently could chime in?

The other OE brand was something like 'Melie'.

pug_ham

I've had both Lucas & Valeo fitted to my 205's over the last couple of years & haven't ever had a Valeo one snap where they mount to the indicator either.

Can't say I ever noticed any difference is the quality of light emitted by either one but I never ran with them mixed iirc so it wasn't a direct comparison of the two (different cars etc) but I tend to go for Valeo.

Graham.

Rom

I put new Valeo lights in when i got my car.

They have been in and out at least 5 times and nothing broken so far :blush:

One has started to condensate though, but ive had them almost 3 years.

MerlinGTI

Ive recently fitted valeo ones, quality is great :blush: Dirt cheap from GSF too!