• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NeilGTi85

St. Topez Valance Trouble's

NeilGTi85

Evening all,

Basicly I'm trying to fit some lights into the St. Topez front valance and i'm just trying to figure the best way to do this.

My plan so far is to make a U bracket the secure the lights (Indicators) but im just wondering what people use on there St. Topez valance for the driving lights?

Pic's will help explain:

(I've adapted these lights with the original 205 indicator bulb holder, I've had to move the indicators as I have morette's)

P040109_1620-1.jpg

P060109_1808.jpg

P060109_180501.jpg

P060109_1805.jpg

P060109_180901.jpg

Any idea's on the best way to secure them once I've made the cut out's??

The next problem is how can I attached/fix a mesh to the valance?

P060109_1812.jpg

I'm thinking once cut to size some sort of small clip's??

Cheer's in advance!!

Neil

b14jay

I'd probably use some sort of silicone/tiger seal or something similar to secure the mesh rather than clips.

Edited by b14jay

NeilGTi85

I was just having a cuppa tea and thinking about using some fibreglass or something along them lines...Its going to have to be pretty strong. I'll give that ago, now all i need to figure out is how to secure the lights :)

NeilGTi85

Anyone??

sonofsam
Anyone??

When i bought my St.tropez valance a few years back now, the grille mesh was already Alridited into position with some big 'ol blobs of the stuff.

You could probably bond on a bracket for the lights with it too!

MerlinGTI

I used Teroson 6700 2 pack glue (we use it for bonding panels and plastic repairs etc...)

http://www.loctite.co.za/sae/content_data/..._Rail_Chart.pdf

and some 1mm thick inch wide ally strip, cut and bent into 'L' bits for the mesh, small 'L' hooks for the underside of the lights and stright strips at the top of the lights so the orginal brackets could be bolted to them.

All worked very well, looked neat tidy :lol:

That 2 pack glue i mentioned is the absolute nuts! I picked the valance up by one of the glued brackets and swung it about!

craig f90
I was just having a cuppa tea and thinking about using some fibreglass or something along them lines...Its going to have to be pretty strong. I'll give that ago, now all i need to figure out is how to secure the lights :lol:

If you bend the mesh you could use fibreglass to secure it in place. For the lights you would need a strong flat plate and glass those in place for your ligths.

NeilGTi85

Thanks for the reply guys, I will Have ago. :blush: