• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

205 Xs Girlfriends Car

djinuk

ok i have a 205 xs that the gf is having, and really likes, shes new to driving, having only drove her ka, i will be rebuilding the carb, and servicing the engine, my question is , do you think a 205 xs is perfectly ok for a girl to drive, giving they are old car's and the sputtering etc you can sometimes get.

Jrod

never had any spluttering from mine, if its setup well should be fine for anyone to drive.

bensonmi
never had any spluttering from mine, if its setup well should be fine for anyone to drive.

mine used to splutter because the carb used to get clogged up,just used to stick my hand over the carb,give it a rev and that would clear it!very reliable otherwise,started everytime and it was a bit of a shed that i only paid £50 for,had loads of fun in it!

Anthony

The only thing that might take a bit of getting used to is the manual choke, especially first thing in the morning when the temperature is hovering around freezing. Certainly once it's warmed up and no longer on the choke, I can't see any reason why it would be a problem so long as everything is working properly - certainly mine would be fine for anyone to drive, with a smooth idle, responsive but not snappy throttle, smooth clutch, and no fuel cut off to cause kangerooing. Steering is fairly light, handling less tail-happy than a GTi - the only thing is probably sticking some GTi brakes on the front, as the standard items are usually rubbish - especially after coming from a modern car.

swordfish210

Mine was a bit of a shed when i bought it and i spent a few months just sorting problems with it, but once it was all sorted it was nice to drive. Shortly after getting it running really well i took it round Combe and that was the start of a slippery slope.

Sign in to follow this