• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

gnw

Well, first, i'd like to say i'm from Brasil. So excuse-me if my english isn't that good!

I've got a Xsara VTS 1.8 16v (there on uk you know as VTR)

Well, i know that you have some experiences on using parts of the XU9 engine on the XU7 block

i want to do it, but first, i need to know if the BX 1.9 8V has the right engine to do it!

here in Brasil, it's de only PSA that came with a 1.9 engine.

i know that i must use a 84mm piston and a 90mm tree, right?

with those at home, may i need another parts or just make the cylinder goes to 84mm and put it together, just like it was O&M?

i'm afraid that 90mm on the stroke may be to much and it might hit my valves!

what can you say about this?

How do i do it?

i intend to use the O&M head, with the XURS cams...

how much compression can i get with this set?

welshpug

There are no 90 mm o.e crankshafts.

Closest you will get is 88 mm from xu9/xud7/9 and ew10.

Or 92mm from xud11.

To make 1905cc work you just use standard xu9j4 pistons + rods, to go any larger is difficult, largest pistons are 83.5mm, also boring the liners is not an easy task.

92mm might work, have never tried to see if it will fit but you will need special conrods. Not an ideal build as the conrod angles will be quite a lot steeper due to the long stroke and relatively short block+rods.

Imo if you want a 2.0 then find an xu10 or ew10.

gnw

well... if i use the pistons and rods of a xu9j4.

do i need to do something else, or just buy those things, and mount like if it was o&m?

what compression does i obtain with this setup?

i'm worried that the pistons hits the valves, by the biggest stroke.

and can i use the crankshaft of any of them?

xu9 or EW10?

here we have no XUDs

gnw

then, to do a 1905 xu7, do i need to do something else, or just mount the xu9 parts? Is it plug and play?

gnw

what's the difference of xu9j4 and xu9ja?

i RLY need help in here!

i need A LOT of information! plz!

here in Brasil, we have the BX 1.9 8v as the only car with xu9. can i use this crankshatf, pistons and rods?

B1ack_Mi16

You can offset-grind the 88mm crankshaft to 90mm if you like. I think the 1.9 TD crankshaft might be the best startingpoint in that case, as it is forged and not cast. Meanig it's stronger and less likely to fail due to fatigue.

Then use custom rods with for example BMW 48mm big end diameter to suit the new crank diameter and your pistons.

I had my 92mm crankshaft offset-ground to 94.5mm.

gnw

here we dont have ANY diesel car. Just trucks and pick ups. And the only xu9 over here is the bx 1905! Can i use the pistons crankshaft and rods of this like a original xu9, without worying about the pistons hiting the valves?

gnw

what i need to know is if this setup is simple to do, and trustable... because it's my daily car.

i'm gonna do it at home, then i need to know if i'll need something else, that i would need if i was do it original!

can someone say the "step by step" to mount the XU9 on XU7 engine, the experiences with it, and those things?

i want to know your experiencies and what you know of people who did this and had some trouble, and the results....

gnw

that's not possible that no one has done a hybrid on a xu7 block!!!

James504

that's not possible that no one has done a hybrid on a xu7 block!!!

Oi! Tudo bem? Its very possible that no one has. Its not a popular conversion. For a daily drive I don´t think it will make all that much difference to justify the effort. Don´t forget the ecu will still be mapped for a 1.8. Fuel quality in brasil is also very poor. In brasil you also had the xu9j4 in the bx16v, however they are very hard to find. Argentina also got a bigger range of PSA vehicles, diesels included, mite be worth checking. If it were me I would sell the xsara and buy a citroen ZX dakar (xu10j4rs) a better place to start.

Sign in to follow this