• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugdamo

205 Turbo Diesel Rad In 309 With 2.0 Turbo

pugdamo

On a scrap yard run i noticed a diesel 205 smiling at me with a nice new radiator peeping out at me,i bought it thinking it may be a good radiator to use in my 309 when i put the 2.0 turbo in,as its shorter it will make fitting the boost pipes a lot easier,im just unsure whether it will cool enough,im my mind yes but im only guessing :blush: .

If its no good it will make a nice spare for the 205

I have searched but have found nothing so its either a really stupid idea or im going to be a pioneer :blink:

allye

The turbo diesels ones were huge, much deeper so will keep its running nice and cool.

pugdamo

Thats what i wanted to hear. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Henry Yorke

I think you will have the space for it in a 309 so no real issues there. You will have to drop the rad though to get the pipes over it, so a slightly shallower rad would have been ideal.

Not 100% sure though if the 205 and 309 rads have any differences though

allye

Only other difference I believe is the lower hose outlet is a different size so will need a different one to suit - not too much hassle.

welshpug

Everything apart from where the hoses go and the thermoswitch fits is different, thinner and wider, different mountings top and bottom, also taller iirc (309 that is)

Edited by welshpug

Henry Yorke

So a 205 rad in a 309 will mean the rad does not have to lowered as much then Mei? This is ideal for running boost pipes over. I am guessing you would need the 205 rad fan cowling too as the 309 will not fit

allanallen

So a 205 rad in a 309 will mean the rad does not have to lowered as much then Mei? This is ideal for running boost pipes over. I am guessing you would need the 205 rad fan cowling too as the 309 will not fit

Yep should be ideal really, as mei says 309 rads are completely different and are considerably taller than a 205 rad.

pugdamo

Thanks for the replies,the only reason for getting the radiator was because its 70mm shorter than my 309 one so i can run my boost pipes over the top without lowering the radiator,im not to worried about any fitting problems with mounts/pipes as there are probably going to be so many things that are different already,

My concern was whether it would cool enough being a smaller radiator.

I was going to run slimline fans aswell so was planning on ditching the cowlings anyway.

I didnt notice the thermoswitch Welshpug but again i guess no real problem? my only other question would be if i used the thermoswitch that is already in the 205 TD radiator would the difference in switch temperature be ok?

Sign in to follow this