Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[trackday_prep] 405 Mi16 Track Car

244 replies to this topic

speaksgeek

speaksgeek
  • Passengers
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Angus

Have you got a dial gauge to have a go at measuring the runout of the disc/bell? If not, happy to lend you one.

JeffR

JeffR
  • Drivers+
  • 394 posts

Have you got a dial gauge to have a go at measuring the runout of the disc/bell? If not, happy to lend you one.

Yes, part of my cam timing kit. Thanks for the offer though.

JeffR

JeffR
  • Drivers+
  • 394 posts

I checked for disc runout today and one side has 0.003", the other 0.004". I'm yet to remove them and check for any runout with the hubs.

I had this vibration through the steering wheel (not the pedal) problem with the original Brembo discs so replaced them with the current Valeo ones. Pads are DS3000.

TBH, they probably didn't get the proper bedding in procedure being a track only car.

This makes for an interesting read...

http://www.stoptech....and-other-myths

calvinhorse

calvinhorse
  • Drivers+
  • 1,755 posts
  • Name:Calvin
Great video and result

Could it be a flat spot on a tyre?

JeffR

JeffR
  • Drivers+
  • 394 posts

Could it be a flat spot on a tyre?

If it was tyre related the vibration would be felt at a particular speed/s when driving. This only happens while braking.

Reply to this topic