• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rippthrough

Blue Coolant Temp Sensor

Rippthrough

Anyone know what the resistance should be on the blue coolant temp. sensor on the side of the block? Trying to track down an overfuelling problem and have dicovered that this sensors reading is >2000K (i.e, more than my multimeter can read) which surely can't be right, I imagine it's this sensor that feeds the ecu, as the gauge works fine.

The green one is about 2.4k-ish which seems about right.

Can I just stick a 2k/10k resistor in the plug until I can get hold of another one?

Edit: not sure now as haynes says the blue one is for the gauge. So can't be that?

Edited by Rippthrough

jackherer

my multimeter shows about 254 on a cold engine, I dunno if thats ohms, my multimeter has the labels worn off the buttons, I can press them and move a decimal point about but thats it ;)

more than 2000k is broken for sure I would say...

Rippthrough
my multimeter shows about 254 on a cold engine, I dunno if thats ohms, my multimeter has the labels worn off the buttons, I can press them and move a decimal point about but thats it ;)

more than 2000k is broken for sure I would say...

That's what I thought, then haynes confused me.

Super Josh
Trying to track down an overfuelling problem and have dicovered that this sensors reading is >2000K (i.e, more than my multimeter can read)

Blimey, 2000K, that's 2 Meg ohms, so not far off open circuit. These things should be a few 10K ohms, at most. Time for a new one.

Josh

Rippthrough
Blimey, 2000K, that's 2 Meg ohms, so not far off open circuit. These things should be a few 10K ohms, at most. Time for a new one.

Josh

So it's definately the ECU one? Because the guage works?

jackherer

the blue one with two pins is the ECUs sensor.

Rippthrough
the blue one with two pins is the ECUs sensor.

Haynes strikes again then. Cheers, have to go scrapyard hunting next week.

pugrallye

no green one is engine ecu, know that cos i have had to repalce loads on 106's blue one is your gauges, as some models only have one pin (for light) so if your measuring blue, you will get high resistance, as one pin is light, other is gauge

Edited by pugrallye

Rippthrough
no green one is engine ecu, know that cos i have had to repalce loads on 106's blue one is your gauges, as some models only have one pin (for light)

Now that's weird. Bugger it.

jackherer

oops, my mistake, I only just noticed this was in the TU section... doh :wacko:

Sign in to follow this