• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bren_1.3

Tu24 / Tu3s Hybrid

bren_1.3

right boys and girls, heres my TU24/ TU3S hybrid and a little about it. its a TU24 cylinder head with port work and modified combustion chambers. it runs PTS group A double valve springs with the Group A 'wasted stem' inlet valves. cam is an original TU24 one.

the bottom end is an alloy TU3S bottom block / crank / conrods with pug 106 XSi pistons. it runs on a pair of DCOM weber 40's and runs a megajolt e.c.u supplied by MartinM off the forum. im hoping for round about the same power as a good 1.9 XU 8 valve.

questions / opinions welcome. i thankyow :rolleyes::D:D

combustion chamber

cylinder head

webers!

inlet valves

TU3S / TU24 / XSi pistons. (in that order)

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

Guest Nuno205Rallye

Why have you ground off the squish areas from the combustion chamber? :)

calvinhorse

whats the carbon airbox? looks mint!

where the holes pre cut or did you drill them to your spec?

p.s your rockers are in the wrong way :)

bren_1.3

the head was like that when i got it. none of the work to the cylinder head is mine, bar the building of the bottom end. it was on a highly competitive rallye so its been done for a reason, the exact reason im not sure and can give no explanation!

ill get some pictures up of the port shapes tonight when i get home.

the carbon airbox is from an ex-BTCC honad accord touring car, cut down to size, it was far bigger than it is now! picked it up off ebay for 40 quid. the holes were precut, i think ill be using one of the holes to mount an inlet temp sensor and the others ill probably blank off somehow.

christopher

Hi Bren,

What kind of compression are you going to be running with those XSi pistons? Have you measured the combustion chamber volume?

I suspect the work to the combustion chamber was done because high compression pistons were used. the standard head needs some work to allow for this AFAIK. Be interested to see what the port area looks like.

Where did you get the PTS valve springs? The only ones i can get are the kent ones..

Those valves look nice, are they ones you have had specially made? or did they come with the head

B)

bren_1.3
What kind of compression are you going to be running with those XSi pistons? Have you measured the combustion chamber volume?

trogboy is on the case as we speak. well he will be come tomorrow as im posting a piston out to him for him to measure up. we found out the TU24 pistons are 5mm shorter than the TU3S and XSi pistons so they cant be used to raise compression in a TU3S bottom end. i havent measured combustion chamber volume either but thats just me being lazy. im hoping to be running high 11's. i will let you know further details when trogboy measures it all.

Those valves look nice, are they ones you have had specially made? or did they come with the head?

yes these came with the head, but i suspect that they are from longmans. and they still have a supply left. give them a call, i was going to order a few more come payday at the end of the month. circa 8 pounds a valve.

Where did you get the PTS valve springs? The only ones i can get are the kent ones..

came with the head im afraid! i dont think PTS do them anymore. arent the kent ones meant to be better? im sure someone mentioned coilbind on the inner springs for the PTS ones.

calvinhorse

what did you tu boys think of the guide in retro cars? is it a goo one to follow?oh and what manifold are you using?

Edited by calvinhorse

Sandy
the carbon airbox is from an ex-BTCC honad accord touring car, cut down to size, it was far bigger than it is now! picked it up off ebay for 40 quid. the holes were precut, i think ill be using one of the holes to mount an inlet temp sensor and the others ill probably blank off somehow.

Dammit! I've got the Honda TOCA throttle bodies for my Accord engine and heard this airbox was on ebay, I tried desperately to find it, and now you've cut it up!

christopher
but i suspect that they are from longmans. and they still have a supply left. give them a call, i was going to order a few more come payday at the end of the month. circa 8 pounds a valve.

Can't find contact details?? Could you be so kind to give them to me Bren

bren_1.3

http://www.yell.com/quickclicks/SP/E/ENGIN...ING/Bournemouth

put that into your computer. its from yell.com.

Dammit! I've got the Honda TOCA throttle bodies for my Accord engine and heard this airbox was on ebay, I tried desperately to find it, and now you've cut it up!

all i did was type in "carbon fibre" on ebay, and spent the next 10 days hoping no-one would bid on it. Hence the 40 price tag. believe me it is/was huge.

EDIT: i doubt you'd get it into a 309??! ive only chopped about maybe 2 inches from it.

what did you tu boys think of the guide in retro cars? is it a goo one to follow?oh and what manifold are you using?

no i missed it. was it this months??? im using the 1.3 rallye inlet manifold. ill get a picture up of the downpipe i have for my cast exhaust manifold.

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

calvinhorse

the retro cars was awhile ago ill find the date tommorow, it was an article with help from shenpar has different tuning methods and stuff.

ill scan it and put it on if thats aloud?

christopher
http://www.yell.com/quickclicks/SP/E/ENGIN...ING/Bournemouth

put that into your computer. its from yell.com.

Thanks bren I'll give them a call B)

I have that shenpar article. It is inaccurate with regards to the 205 rallye (I think they keep getting mixed up with the 106 Rallye) so take that part with a pinch of salt. Other then that it's enjoyable.. They also reccomend the complete removal of the inlet guide in the port, I never did this but I bet brens has this ??

no i missed it. was it this months??? im using the 1.3 rallye inlet manifold. ill get a picture up of the downpipe i have for my cast exhaust manifold.

I'm using a CSC marmitte exhaust manifold and of course the TU24 inlet manifold like bren and trogboy. But the standard one is pretty good i think.

bren_1.3
the retro cars was awhile ago ill find the date tommorow, it was an article with help from shenpar has different tuning methods and stuff.

ill scan it and put it on if thats aloud?

yeh i dont think theres any problem with that!!

They also reccomend the complete removal of the inlet guide in the port, I never did this but I bet brens has this ??

mine's not had that done, although when ive mentioned it to mates i have been laughed at?! "dont be silly brennan youll get chatter right through the valvetrain"

Sandy
EDIT: i doubt you'd get it into a 309??! ive only chopped about maybe 2 inches from it.

There's plenty of room at the back of the Accord engine in the 309 :blush:

Sign in to follow this