• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Gmc Motorsport

christopher

Was looking at the GMC Motorsport website. Quite interesting.

Anyone have an experience of head tuning from these guys? I read somewhere that that were the single sellers of Citroen sport stuff a while back.. :blush:

damien

seen alot of there supercharge saxo/106's and them seem ok, havent heard anything bad from them

Sandy

I've fallen out with John (the main guy) on a few occasions. He makes sense to a point, then scares me with something very iffy usually! The website is well written, but it is a blatent sales pitch and I seriously question some of the contrived wisdom on there.

timmsy19

i think stu-woac has used them a few times.

ive also been looking on there recently

Dj_mini

They are known as miserable pair not allways helpful but sure know there stuff very well respected in the saxo / 106 world.

Sandy

At risk of sounding like i've got an axe to grind (Moi?), they only get "respect" on SSC forum because nobody can dispute what they say without the mods intefering. I gave up in the end!

Dj_mini

I think your find carworx is flavour of the month at the mo on ssc now :)

smckeown
At risk of sounding like i've got an axe to grind (Moi?), they only get "respect" on SSC forum because nobody can dispute what they say without the mods intefering. I gave up in the end!

reminds me of something on this forum :)

cybernck

well that's the way it has to be, unless you post back-to-back RR printouts or something like that, which wouldn't be censored :).

Sandy

Depends what the issue is....

When a so called expert posts his opinion as fact?

When he disputes every graph/power claim/result that doesn't support his point of view?

When he just changes the subject because you've made a solid point he can't argue with?

When he misrepresents accepted science?

When he's blatently turning every techincal discussion into a sales pitch for his products?

veloce200

Nothing to do the the company in question but some "expert" tuner once said that their engine wouldn't work properly on throttle body electronic injection and that it would only work properly on weber carburettors!

Sandy
:) That kind of thing yes!

mfield
Nothing to do the the company in question but some "expert" tuner once said that their engine wouldn't work properly on throttle body electronic injection and that it would only work properly on weber carburettors!

Ive heard that aswell, a good friend of mine has a pinto from vulcan running on carbs. He asked them about using tb's and they claimed he'd lose power because carbs work better on the pinto :)

M@tt

i like this quote from their site

The engines we supply are all under 20,000 miles guaranteed. Another point worth noting is that the engine looks the same as the one it replaces so that if you do not wish to disclose the change to your insurance company it is very unlikely in the event of an accident that they will ever know.

quite true but doesn't seem terribly sensible to put on your website if you are a professional company!!

smckeown

yeah stinks of amateur, and apealing to the pikey community.

Edited by smckeown

welshpug

might be an idea to point out to them that will now fail an MOT for having a mismatch in the V5 - VIN and engine numbers as this is the first thing to be checked, if none tally up the test is suspended.

Sandy

Talking of MOT's, one of the things John from GMC banged on about, was that if you cut the scuttle for better air supply to the bodies like I did here: http://dcoe.net/gallery/RichE/S2300148-vi.jpg that it will fail an MOT. Wrong again. He was saying that because he sells an airbox kit with tightly curved trumpets (don't get me started on the issues with that) that allegedly performs as well. (OMG I choking to death!)

TB_205GTI

John is an arrogant f*ck ;)

A mate bought a cam from them for his 106 Rallye 1.6 - he then got a cam with the small bearings - which never would fit in the TU5J2 head. John boasted about THAT rallye having a 1.4 head fitted since it had the large bearings. They woul'd take the cam back because "the head has been changed for a 1.4 - not our problem."

Funny - my mate has had the car from new, and the head hasn't been changed..

Gtiracer
Depends what the issue is....

When a so called expert posts his opinion as fact?

When he disputes every graph/power claim/result that doesn't support his point of view?

When he just changes the subject because you've made a solid point he can't argue with?

When he's blatently turning every techincal discussion into a sales pitch for his products?

Sounds like a peachy chap, must make him one of my mates

stu_woac

I have not used them at all but refer to them for people to see whats avalible for a tu then they shoud fined somewhere cheaper to buy it,

like sandy I have had head to head conversations with the guys there on the tu and while doing this it alsways seemed they was trying to sell me something

my experince is fone up asked what carbs fit there manifold for twin 40s

they said I'll need downdrafts so off to ebay bought idf's fone back up to order said I had the idf's then they said oh they wont fit it will need to be dhla we can supply them for you if you want

so didnt bother with them

timmsy19

^^^fair enough. seems like they are only good for a small amount of info then

Sandy

I question their "authority" on the TU, for example, I've seen a 1.4 8v gain 10bhp from switching from downdraught to sidedraught, against their advice.

stu_woac

good example :)

christopher
;) OK Chaps I think I get the message now :D Edited by christopher

stu_woac

we was just making sure you did LOL

Sign in to follow this