• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

205 Standard Electric Sunroof

djinuk

my 205 1.9 gti G reg has a standard electric sunroof, i need a new pinion gear for the motor, and also i have noticed taht the sunroof is leaking, any idea where to start to sort this.

Thanks, its only the second 205 i have ever seen with the sunroof.

welshpug

err, I've never ever seen/heard of a 205 with an electric sunroof!

standard sunroofs are manual and vacuum sealed.

djinuk

nah i have been assured they did make a small number with electric sunroof's, if you like i can take a few pictures so people can see if you are interested.

All Praise The GTI

my 1st gti a 1.6 had a leccy sunroof. worked well till a partridge flew in to it at 90mph(because i werent going that fast...honest!) and smashed the cover and then it leaked. it had a motor mounted on the roof so i think it was aftermarket as ive seen anonther leccy one but motor was in roof

Miles

I have seen one of these too, It did look very much like a std fit but I never got inside the car, The headling looked like a std non sunny type thou

djinuk

ill take some pics and see what you all think, does indeed look very standard,

j_turnell

Also seen one of these on an original c reg Gutman, although the car had slight electrical issues so never saw it working. I guess the first port of call would be the condition of the seal?

jackherer

Post some pics, other PSA cars of the era (BX for example) were widely fitted with electric sunroofs so they might share components.

Sign in to follow this