• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BossHogg

New Front End

BossHogg

After try to trace my none working indicator problem i decided to pull the side repeaters off the wings. They are some rather crappy blue oval ones that had been fitted before i'd bought the car. Oh my god :o , they had been glued on with clear bath sealant :( , and i was soon to find out why. To fit these christmas baubles who ever had done it had cut a hole pretty much the size of the indicator to fit them, in what looks like a perfectly serviceable wing. So i have no chance of fitting some nice original indicators and have 2 dirty great holes in my wings.

So now i have decided to bring next winters project forward which was to get the car body work done (surface rust removal from some bits and respray). I have looked online for a pair of new wings and as my bonnet looks like someone has tap danced on it i may as well get one of those as well.

So from peoples experience where is the best place to go, i have seen pattern wings from about 15 quid, but i'm slightly dubious of the quality.

Ideas please. oh and merry xmas

Edited by BossHogg

pugman211

Dont get pattern wings, as they will usually not line up with one of the other edges! i.e the door or the bonnet.

Dont try and get 2nd hand ones either as they are bonded on the bottoms i believe.

jord294

original peugeot parts are the best ones to buy.

probably wouldn't be as expensive as you think either :(

jonnie205

yes get pug wings and prob a bonnet from the scrappy

Edp

May aswell go for the better looking automatic bonnet with the nice bulge in the middle. I wish I had.

The wings are dependable on who is going to spray them. Paintguy did my respray and we used a pattern wing which fits fine and has been painted professionally. Plus i've undercoated the arches for more protection so i don't expect any problem with the pattern wing. I just couldn't warrant paying nearly £100 for a new wing when a decent pattern part was about £25. You makes your choice you pays your money :)

Ed

Sign in to follow this