• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dean

Brake Bias Valve In Engine Bay

dean

when I did a gti 6 conversion I re-sprayed my engine bay so everything was taken out. I have come tonight to put the brake light in and I forgot to rivet the bracket that holds the bias valve on the insdie of the chassis leg.

On the passenger side. and now that the engine is in I cant get a rivet gun to rivet it pack into place.

Is there any other places to mount this that will be easier than lifting the engine out.

sutol

Is it possible to get the rivet gun under the wing and do it that way. If the hole in the bracket is too big stick a washer on it.

dean

for the size of the rivets you need a long rivet gun and you cant fit it in because of the gearbox

sutol
for the size of the rivets you need a long rivet gun and you cant fit it in because of the gearbox

I meant take the wheel off and look at it from that side then rivet it on back to front or inside out or from inside the wheel arch .

Leave the valve where it is, just do it from the other side and put a small washer over the exposed end of the rivet in the engine bay for it to bite on. :)

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick again :lol:

dean

cheers i will try that i didnt think of doing it that way cheers mate

Sign in to follow this