• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jumpkin205

Braided Lines And Fittings

Guest jumpkin205

Happy New Year everyone.

Does anyone have an idea of the best place to buy braided brake line and fittings i.e cheapest. Also has anyone used flexible plastic fuel lines and if so where from? A mate had some a couple of years ago but the place he had them from has shut down.

marksorrento205

Ive just got some from rally design, but Im sure Miles sells some

bren_1.3

rally design is probably cheapest but if they arent stainless fittings they tend to go manky if not looked after.

marksorrento205

Just sit down and work out what you need. I thought I had and three postage and packaging costs later Im there!! :D

Guest jumpkin205

yeah I see you point mark, I think I've worked out what I need. It should be quite simple (famous last words) as i'm running braided straight from the 2 master cylinders to the calipers. Think this is right, what do you think?

NON-INTEGRAL 0.625 MASTER CYLINDER

£26.50

NON-INTEGRAL 0.7 MASTER CYLINDER

£26.50

GOODRIDGE #3 STAINLESS BRAIDED BRAKE HOSE (3/8) 10 meters

£35.00

Hose Fitting T piece, M10 x 1, female x2

£13.90

Male convex seat hose fitting - (M10 x 1) x11

£29.70

Hose Fitting M10 female bulkhead (with nut), concave

£6.30

Balance Bar Assembly - Rally Design

£19.50

Dash Adjuster - Flexible Type - Rally Design

£19.50

RESERVOIR (STD HEIGHT) 7/16 Threaded Fitting x2

£23.00

Male convex seat hose fitting - (3/8 x 24 UNF) x2

EdCherry

Mile's can make them to order IIRC and is only slightly more pricey than goodridge who i've heard mix reviews about!

Spend the little extra money and get the good customer service and quality goods IMO.

marksorrento205
Mile's can make them to order IIRC and is only slightly more pricey than goodridge who i've heard mix reviews about!

Spend the little extra money and get the good customer service and quality goods IMO.

Ed you are spot on. I have the goodridge and I have only just started putting them together, but from what I have seen they seam fine. The only reason I did not go for a set of ones from miles is because I have ordered battery cable in the past, (NOT from miles) and due to me being a tit when I measured them, once fitted, I had to hide some excess. Not much but enough to look a bit messy. Like I said its the only reason, so now I can cut to suit, god help me. I will look for a list of what I bought when I get home. Im just outside salisbury myself at the moment ed :lol: How are you running your pipes? Inside or outside?

EdCherry

Im just gonna use the coppers and replace the flexi's with braided! I havn't even got to the stage where im fittings brakes in yet... the engine isn't running sweet just yet! Damn buying a car that was last taxed in 2000!

Guest jumpkin205

Cool, I think I'll work out the measurements tomorrow and speak to miles, sounds like the better option if the quality is up there, to be honest I was a little apprehensive about using the reusable unions and would feel better about having them made up, cheers guys.

mrswampy

I can also get made lines up of a very high quality

any length and or end combination is available and at very good prices

lines are made by a very good company that exhibit at autosport international and supply many leading race and rally teams