• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pip470

Electric Vacuum Pump For Brakes

pip470

Does anybody know of any model of cars that had these as standard? My ford mate told me there was model of car that had them but i've forgotten it. If not maybe recomend someone non american who does the kits? They seem very expensive but im sure there is a cheap alternative. Thanks Phill

pip470

Any one??

ifcho

I thought 306 s16 used such setup?

Anthony
I thought 306 s16 used such setup?

No, that's a mechanical vacuum pump driven off the inlet camshaft.

welshpug

anything wrong with the mechanical pump?

I suppose you have to balance the power used to turn that with the power drawn from the alternator by an electric one.

much like those electric superchargers, everyone would have one if it didn't suck so much current from the alternator and negate its bonuses.

pip470
anything wrong with the mechanical pump?

I suppose you have to balance the power used to turn that with the power drawn from the alternator by an electric one.

much like those electric superchargers, everyone would have one if it didn't suck so much current from the alternator and negate its bonuses.

Its not really that I dont want to use the mechanical one, its just a pita to fit it to my engine, Im using the 1.8 16 xu7jp4 engine and it doesnt have a mechanical pump on it. I could fit the gti 6 head too but ive spent a lot of time on this head now so want to stick with it. Im also using bike carbs and that did have a take off for the servo but i cut it off as it was in the way for the crosfire injectors for the nitrous. I could get it rewelded on but space is tight and when I was told about using an electric one it just sounded the bets way to go with it. Its looking quite expensive so I may end up just getting it rewelded back on. Ill keep this thread updated if anything develops.