• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

306 Xsi Running Gear, Will It Fit My 205?

pugpete1108

i brought a ph1 306 xsi (single cam) just as a run about till i can get something else sorted, and am thinking of breaking it as its pretty tired(140k) but the suspension etc is still really sweet so i was wondering if it will all fit on my 205?, i mean like everything, rear beam front uprights, hubs, disks, driveshafts the lot.

what do you think?

Baz

Dampers, brakes, rear anti roll bar can be cut down and welded or re-splined to fit a 205 beam etc.

that's about it, shafts, beam etc are different.

Anthony

As said, front and rear dampers will fit and I imagine be similar to GTi-6 - how healthy the dampers will be after 140k miles is another matter though,

Rear trailing arms will fit a 205 beam, giving you 1.4 degrees negative camber. Rear calipers are the same as 205 ones. 24mm Rear ARB can be modified to fit.

Front brakes are a straight swap onto 1.9 or base model hubs, and are 266mm.

Front hubs are the same fitment as 1.9 ones, but not sure whether they give a small reduction in camber like GTi-6 ones do.

That's pretty much it from memory regarding running gear compatibility.

pugpete1108
As said, front and rear dampers will fit and I imagine be similar to GTi-6 - how healthy the dampers will be after 140k miles is another matter though,

Rear trailing arms will fit a 205 beam, giving you 1.4 degrees negative camber. Rear calipers are the same as 205 ones. 24mm Rear ARB can be modified to fit.

Front brakes are a straight swap onto 1.9 or base model hubs, and are 266mm.

Front hubs are the same fitment as 1.9 ones, but not sure whether they give a small reduction in camber like GTi-6 ones do.

That's pretty much it from memory regarding running gear compatibility.

yeah i did a little searching and it seems that i can fit the rear arms to m 1.6 beam giving me disks (mines seized anyway so needs a rebuild) and i should also imaging the dampners are in better condition than mine.

i will use the 306 hubs and brakes on the front and just get hols of some 1.9 shafts.

could i use my lowering springs on the 306 dampers?

Baz

Yep, springs and 205 top mounts and they'll fit. :blush: