• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

mrswampy

205 Gti Wishbone Bolts

mrswampy

right then

can any one shed any light on this

service box lists three bolts to go through the pivot points on the inner ends of the gti wishbones

any one got an idea as to which thye are

lists two different bolts for the one pivot one is m10 and the other m12

cheers

Cameron

Front bolt is m10 and rear is m12.

McDude

I recently got wishbone bolts and it was cheaper to buy the pack that also includes the bushes than it was to buy the bolts individually.

platty

Yep, the front is a M10, rear a M12.

mrswampy

nice on cheers all

hmm them m12 bolts aint cheap are they??

though i have sourced some 12.9 grade ones for not much more than pug want so will be using them

Cameron

How much are they? I'd put good money on being able to buy a box of 100 bolts for the same price as Peugeot would want for two! :unsure:

I'm looking into getting a whole stack of OE size nuts and bolts, if there's a demand for them then I'll flog them on here for peanuts.

EdCherry

Just stocked up myself on virtually everything peugeot use bolt wise bar M7's for under £50 with bolts, nylocs, penny washers, flat hardened washers, and split washers. Weighed a f***ing ton and included some 12.9 Cap Head's for my cage.

Cameron

Good stuff! New bolts are a very good idea with any proper track day / race car, makes dismantling and replacing bits a doddle compared to using grubby rusty old ones.

mrswampy

well even buying a box qty of the m12 bolts they work out just over £9 each with out washers and nylocs!!

they are 12.9 gradew socket cap though

Cameron

Whaaaat!? You're getting seriously ripped off! Where's that from?

welshpug

crikey!!! I get my fasteners from the same supplier as Ed, they aren't that expensive! :)

mrswampy

thats an average from three different suppliers

Cameron

Well I'd tell those suppliers where to go. A box of bolts for £900? :)

EdCherry

Thats expensive! Might have to buy more while they are cheap from our supplier aye welshie!

Alastairh
I recently got wishbone bolts and it was cheaper to buy the pack that also includes the bushes than it was to buy the bolts individually.

Why don't you all just do that? £17ish isn't it?

Cameron

I guess not everyone wants the bushes, especially when using polybushes or rose joints, makes it a little pointless. I reckon you could get a box of bolts for less than £17, might have a look in the catalogue tomorrow.

yorkshirekowboy

Just to bring back the thread from the dead, did anybody manage to find replacement bolts? The bolts I have seen come fully threaded which I believe is no good, as I tried these and are loose in the bush. I have managed to find some bolts from a local hardware shop, 8.8 grade, they do have a unthreaded part to the bolt, but the plain shank I'm talking about isn't big enough and doesn't reach past the bush/subframe mount, so the bolt threads again in the wishbone bush. I think the ones from Peugeot are fully threaded?. Surly the old standard wishbone bushes, there must be a good match etc.?

welshpug

The original bolts have a longer than atandard Shank, you can achieve this yourself by buying a longer bolt and cutting off the excess thread.

yorkshirekowboy

Thanks, strange because I thought of that after I posted the thread. Thanks again. Oh, I suppose you don't know for size of the shouldered part of each of the m10, and m12 bolt do you? Just saves me having to take the bolt of the car, and have some bolts ready for the exchange. Also the hub pinch bolt, again I've searched and can find the size/length and shoulder length of the aswell?

Regards Danny

mowflow

Not mentioned and a bit confusing on all the other threads but I found that all the suspension bolts I removed were 8.8 grade. The only ones that werent were the brake calliper to hub bolts.

yorkshirekowboy

Isn't 8.8 grade the standard grade used? I'm sure 8.8 grade is more than sufficient