• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
markw

Rear Brake Conversion

markw

i am converting my rear beam from drum to discs, i have bought everthing new but my problem

is that when i put the wheel bearing onto the shaft it is to far up the shaft so there is nothing to tighten the

nut upto cos the bearing is about 5mm past the shoulder of the shaft,

so there be somekind of spacer behind the wheel bearing to the bracket that bolts to the trailing arm

and mounts the caliper

Anthony

The stub axle itself is different between disk and drum models - are you still using the drum brake stub axle?

Miles

As Ant's said the stub axles are different length's, Or there is a spacer/bearing seal at the back of the bearing

markw

my fault i should of said i have changed the stub axle pin as part of the SBC neg camber conversion kit,

so Miles there should be a spacer behind the bearing for the seal to sit on? its this i havent got

welshpug

yes there should be a spacer on the stub pin behind the bearing, not sure how thick it is though.

Peugeot only list is as part of a wheel bearing kit, or a "hub repair kit" which consists of the spacer, nut washer and dustcap, for £39.25 a side :lol:

(3748 18 HUB REPAIR KIT £39.25)

markw

thanks welshpug,arent main dealers robing bstards

Sign in to follow this