• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M3Evo

[project] Nothing To Do With 205's, But Behold!

M3Evo

Where's me gun? If it doesn't start first time, I'll blame him for hurting Brown's feelings :angry:

Unfortunately the rusty servo is the least of it's aestehtic worries ;)

M3Evo

Aah, can almost fool myself that it's done looking at these pics!

Not quite though :P

under_bonnet.jpg

front_end.jpg

RobMGti

Looks very yum yum to me. That duel intercooler setup mounted there is top class :P

Justin

Brilliant. Just brilliant :P

Edd-XS

awesome! function before form, everytime! :P

Edd

TEKNOPUG

Powerslide mayhem awaits you!

Am liking it a lot :)

pug309twin40s

hmm very nice and shiney engine.

i hope your putting jubilee clips or something on those blue pipes otherwise wont they just pop off???

M3Evo

Cheers guys, it's a shame the evenings are so dark at the moment as there are still the down pipes, exhaust system and oil cooler to get fitted or made.

Will be fitting jubilee clips to the piping, those were just quick piccies after a trial fit of all the boost pipe. Went a lot better than I expected it to!

Paintguy

Shiny blue pipes B):)

Looking good, but is there a reason for mounting the intercoolers that particular way around? They don't look as though they'll get much airflow through them to me, unless you've got some sort of 'scoop' in mind to funnel the air vertically. :)

Alastairh

Looks rather cool. :)

M3Evo

Yeah, plan is to put some scoops underneath the intercoolers. Mounted them that way as it made it easier to get the pipes routed to them, and also there's quite a lot of metal behind them so the air probably wouldn't have been able to get through anyway if they'd been facing forward :)

Rippthrough
Yeah, plan is to put some scoops underneath the intercoolers. Mounted them that way as it made it easier to get the pipes routed to them, and also there's quite a lot of metal behind them so the air probably wouldn't have been able to get through anyway if they'd been facing forward :)

Plus you can always fit another pair on top for future use :)

M3Evo

This weekends efforts in glorious camera phone colour:

exhaust.jpg

A home made exhaust system and pair of down pipes :rolleyes:

Still so much to do though, despite the fact I keep kidding myself that's it's almost done :D

Alastairh

Nutter :rolleyes:

taylorspug

LOL, ive had exhaust related joys this weekend aswell, cutting and shutting stuff. Nothing that extreme though. Good effort! :rolleyes:

DrSeuss

what dia. is that pipe? what made you decide to route them completely separately and not just into one big bastard pipe?

M3Evo

They're both 2" diameter.

I would've gone for one big pipe if I'd done a single turbo thing, but the original system was a twin pipe arangement so I copied that. The pipes do link about 2/5 of the way along which is apparently important for low end torque.

The other thing is that they duck under the rear subframe which could make ground clearance a bit tight with giant pipes.

Dom9

Awesome, f***ing awesome!!

Keep the pics coming Alex!

tom_m

i wanna see the scoops in the front bumper, keep those pics coming! :)

madaxgt

What size are the turbos you are using, they must be fairly small going on the diameter youve chosen, also may have missed this but what comp ratio are you running?

Scoop very good idea as your i/c mounting is far from ideal, make it a double one that has one scooping round to the back and one scooping to the middle if that makes sense. Scooby boys do this to the top mounted i/c to reduce charge temps as no airflow makes it to the front part of the i/c. Idea is to keep the average air velocity up across the i/c width.

M3Evo

Aah yes, see what you mean about the scoops, like one mounted within the other? Like that idea, cheers! :wacko:

The compression ratio is standard for the engine @ 9.5:1 give or take.

The turbos are T25s with 0.48A/R exhaust housings and 0.42A/R inlet housings, so fairly tiddly.

M3Evo

Hooray!

More progress, I've mounted the oil cooler, oil filter mount and take-off plate. You can just about see the take-off for the turbo and pressure gauge oil feeds too (three little golden nubbins).

Get the feeling the end of this project's gonna creep up on me somehow. Do-de-do....just tighte this nut...what's next on the list.....OH! It's done!

121105.jpg

DrSeuss

a passenger ride in this car is about hte only reason i'd voluntarily visit anywhere in surrey.

Get it done man, and have a look at my topic in off-topics, will give you something to aim for :)

M3Evo

:) too late for that, did the manifolds months ago! (although only just finished one of them having had to move the front turbo back by about 1 1/2")

It's getting so cramped in the engine bay!

Dom9
a passenger ride in this car is about hte only reason i'd voluntarily visit anywhere in surrey.

COCK!!! Surrey rules!!

Hurry up Alex, I'm getting impatient!! :)