• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Abs Install On Mi16

M@tt

Hi

I'm getting my hands on a complete bx gti within the next couple of weeks with the intention of a complete transplant into my 1.9 205 gti which i am completely rebuilding from scratch, suspension, rear beam etc

I've got a few questions though, Will i be able to install the ABS braking system? as i havent looked at it properly yet i'm not sure what the issues might be I'm also intending to use the gti6 brake system instead of the standard one. Are there likely to be any problems with this?

Regards

Matt

huxley309

im not 100% on this but on more modern cars the ecu controls abs...ac etc

but..om my bx16v the abs i believe was controlled seperately....but they use lhm fluid which would be no good for you.....

could try looking for an mi16 abs system then using the calipers with a big brake conversion?

jacobs53

or look for a 406 ABS system, these brakes are really good!

cheers lee

Super Josh

If you are retro fitting an ABS system, you can use most parts of the donor car(I think the ABS ECU lives in the left hand side of the boot on a 205). BUT you will need to source the ABS driveshafts and these aren't cheap because they are not that popular.

Josh

cybernck

yeah you need the ABS ecu, wiring and modified brake fluid pipes,

hubs modified to take ABS sensors and ofcourse ABS driveshafts.

somwhat feasable for a FW ABS system, 4W ABS would be a lot

harder to retrofit. don't know which type does the BX have though.

jackherer

the abs modulator for a bx will be designed for LHM, not brake fluid.

Pugnut

306 gti hubs have the hole for the sensor and are a direct replacement for 1.9gti hubs.

huxley309

ot....

if i used the gti-6 hubs and the abs sensor does that mean that the racelogic traction control can easily make use of this?

Pugnut
ot....

if i used the gti-6 hubs and the abs sensor does that mean that the racelogic traction control can easily make use of this?

i would imagine so .

Pugnut

just incase anybody is doubting me , a few years ago i was struggling to find a pair of 1.9 front hubs . all the ones i found all had ovalled out holes for the bottom ball joint . i did a fair bit of phoning around getting silly prices then eccosse offered me brand new 306gti hub carriers,hubs complete with bearingfor i think it was 35+vat each , but it was a long time ago

M@tt

Thanks for the replies

So it would appear that it would be easier to just take the ABS system out of a 306 GTI? Is the 306 GTI ABS system FW or 4WD

In which case what parts would i need?

306gti hubs

306gti hub carriers

306gti driveshafts

306gti ABS ECU

Cheers

Matt

Miles

Don;t forget about the rear hubs, Not sure what else would fit thou if anything

huxley309

and the 306 abs mc

Sign in to follow this