• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sorrentoaddict

Which Management?

sorrentoaddict

Hi guys,

any opinions as on which brand/type would be the best-buy choice

(apart from MS-II) ?

What is needed is the simplest & most cost-effective aftermarket ECU

that can manage injection and ignition on a simple, atmo MI-16 race

engine (on home-made TBs).

I would appreciate your own experiences and general information.

Are there any hidden "catches" to be aware of when shopping for such

low-cost ECU units ?

Many thanks for any input.

Cheers

AG

petert

I'm undeniabley a Haltech fan. It's very hard to beat the E6X for value for money on a 4 cylinder. But it all comes down to the support around you. Having said that, I run an Autronic on my race car!

On an XU pug, the critical thing for my mind is being able to run wasted spark ignition (2 ign. outputs) from the OEM crank sensor. Running aftermarket input sensors is very boring when there's already one there!

If you want to run direct fire (4 ign. outputs) and/or sequential inj. (4 fuel outputs), then you'll need a reference sensor as well. I use the std. XU10J4 cam sensor for this.

Additionally, low cost units struggle to manage large injectors at small idle pulses. This is an issue for Mi16's as you'll need to fit larger injectors, thus your idle pulse will go down.

Edited by petert

M3Evo
Additionally, low cost units struggle to manage large injectors at small idle pulses. This is an issue for Mi16's as you'll need to fit larger injectors, thus your idle pulse will go down.

Really? I know a couple of people running megasquirt ECUs with 440cc injectors on their 325i turbos and they don't seem to have any low resolution problems <_<

Sign in to follow this