• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ian010778

Afm Mouting Bolts

ian010778

Hi all,

After reading a post on here about the hex bolt that holds the oil filler bracket onto the inlet manifold being a potential air leak I paid real close attention whilst putting my air pipes back on last night and think I may have unearthed a potential issue.

Whilst putting my air pipes back I realised that (probably forever) I've been running the car with only the four mounting bolts that go through the main bracket and gasket on my AFM.

I noticed there is a small extension of the AFM mounting bracket that runs underneath the AFM and should anchor it in the side with a fifth bolt but this part of the bracket had been bent out of the way and there's never been a bolt in this location.

So, can anyone tell me what size bolt goes in here please - it looks as though it may be M 8 or even M 10 but I didn't have anything handy to try.

Also, would having this hole open all these years have affected the performance/idling? Would it be similar to leaving the oil filler bracket hex bolt out of the inlet manifold, thus allowing un-metered air in or am I clutching at straws?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Ian.

welshpug

its an M8 bolt, 13mm hex head.16mm long.

its a blind hole so wont affect anything other than the security of the unit.

Edited by welshpug

ian010778

Cheers Welshpug

IP

Sign in to follow this