• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stealth_pug

1.1 To 1.9

V8Pete
dont worry about the rear arches there fine unless u use a 1.9 beam, then a bit of bending will do the trick :D lol and yes all the 1.9 stuff will bolt up to the base shell.

Good to hear, thanks. Now I just need to hurry up and scrap the GTI to make room on the driveway :D

Rupes

I know this subject is a bit old. Did the 1.9 get put in the 1.1?

I'm doing a similar conversion, 1.4 to 1.9GTI (or will do once I've got all the bits I think I need), but I've got a few questions:

1. Does the dash have to come out to change the engine loom? There are two connectors inside the car, one for the ECU and another one which seems to go well inside the dash somewhere, I was rather hoping not to take the 1.4 dash out.

2. When I bung in the GTI loom do I need to consider relays and fuses etc. or can I plug it into the 1.4 main loom and then fit it to the various engine connections without having to worry about such things?

3. Haven't bought a loom yet but I've got the inlet manifold, injectors etc. etc. and a Jetronic ECU. Do I need a specific loom or will any one do as long as it's got the right two row connector for the ECU?

Help appreciated, thanks very ta...

Sign in to follow this