• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaylorsTDGTI

Uk Spec Rallye Drive Shafts

TaylorsTDGTI

Hi guys,

Another plee for help.

Im pretty sure the Rallye uses a 'long' drive shaft, not the normal 1.4 shaft. Im finding it difficult to locate this part though. Is it standard equipment on any other Pug/Cit? I imagine the Gti shaft are different again?

Thanks

James

TaylorsTDGTI

Not to worry guys, a longer google search meant ive found out they exactly the same as the 1.4 ones.

JT

Batfink

sadely the uk rallye is not really that special. Uses parts same as the other 1.4's in the uk.

kanyeost

Agreed, and be careful when you go to the motorfactors and tell them you have a rallye, sometimes they have tried selling me bits for the French Rallye (despite using my reg to look the car up) which is often listed in their books and has quite a few differences to the UK version. I usually tell them its the same as an XS except for engine (TU3.2/TU3f2) bits which I think is the same as the 205 GR(?).

welshpug

it's actually closer to the XT iirc :wub:

RossD
it's actually closer to the XT iirc :wub:

XR, GR, XT, alll much of a muchness. 70 or 75bhp 1.4 engine according to the year.

RossD

Edited by RossD

kanyeost
sadely the uk rallye is not really that special. Uses parts same as the other 1.4's in the uk.

True, and its never gonna be fast exactly but it is dead light so stick some GTI struts on, GTI rear ARB & dampers (and torsion bars if you can be bothered) and you've got an economical daily driver that's cheap to ensure and a hell of a lot of fun through the bends.

And its bright yellow and got stickers! Good enough for me. :wub:

TaylorsTDGTI

Cheers guys. Ordered some today.

Its been treated to GTi suspension already. 306 brakes go on this w/e. Love the way it performs in the twisties, its just a shame that it lacks that extra bit of poke.

JT

Jrod

I wasn't sure about rallye stickers back in the day but I love 'em now.

I just finished my suspenson setup and wow, I've got bilstein challenge spec shocks all round with group n rubbers, challenge springs (185lb standard height) 20mm torsion bars, poly bushes, solid beam mounts and a GTI arb on the rear.

I've never driven such a good setup for fast road as it handles the bumps no problem. :lol:

Mines got an XS engine, I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes but 90% of the time I'm satified with the power. :wub:

Sign in to follow this