• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bren_1.3

Tu Quick Shift

bren_1.3

hello, ive tried a search and oddly enough nothing has come up. how have people made quick shift 'L' brackets on their xs/rallye's?

i have a spare gear linkage ball that i stole from a base model subframe. which part do i drill to fit it? any pics/comments welcome...

bren_1.3

no one?! :)

stu_woac

the top arm of the L bracket which isnt much of a L shape for a tu engine need making longer so You normally cut it and weld a extra bit of metal in to make it longer, but unless you experiment alot I dout you would get a comfortable quick shift, I like the griffiths engineering quickshift I have, still needs adjusting to how I want it but I have another guy that I let drive sometimes and he dont like it as tight as I do so we can adjust that in minutes its great

bren_1.3

DIY quickshift mod.

i seem to have answered my own question, but would drilling the short arm of the L-bracket and putting in a ball closer to the centre of the pivot point not have the same effect as lengthening the L bracket?

welshpug

effectively yes, youll just have to be rather more precise with your drilling.

bren_1.3
effectively yes, youll just have to be rather more precise with your drilling.

not sure what you mean? could you explain a bit further?

welshpug

that side of the lever is shorter, so to reduce the throw by 30% you'll have to drill the hole 30% inwards from the pivot, which will be a small dimension.

consider doing the same on the longer side and you'll get my drift :)

trogboy

Wouldn't the side you choose to alter have an effect on the location of the gear stick in the cabin? I don't know for sure, just thinking out loud.

bren_1.3

soon find out !!!! i'll try and post a little walkthrough next week.....

Sign in to follow this