Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Project] Starting My Xu5T Build

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

Reebmit

Reebmit
  • Drivers+
  • 299 posts
  • Name:Tim
Garage View Garage
Good one Tom, very good read as before

Andy

Andy
  • Drivers
  • 306 posts
  • Name:Andy Wright
Garage View Garage
Excellent read Tom. Thank you.
P.s do you recall where you got your GAZ Gold coilovers from?

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,761 posts
Quick update

Scatter rally last night, nav who has sat with me a few times wasn't available so my mate John who has done 3 or 4 events learning the ropes with me sat in. Nice dry night and this time of year it stayed mainly light for the 2 hr duration.

Had a good run mostly, went down the muddiest lane ever and had a 4 min stop when the gear rod underneath popped off. Quickly popped it back on and its stayed put for the rest of the event and the run home.

Difficult to know how you are doing through the event so kept pushing on. Rewarded at the finish with 1st overall.

Stopped at the jet wash at a petrol station near home to blast the thick of the mud off!

36028184942_2beae14c88_z.jpgUntitled by Tom Fenton, on Flickr

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 9,761 posts

P.s do you recall where you got your GAZ Gold coilovers from?

I bought them second hand off a chap on here Andy I think. I had GHA's on before which are good for what they are, but as you know only bump adjustable, when using a heavier spring I wanted some more rebound too.

Andy

Andy
  • Drivers
  • 306 posts
  • Name:Andy Wright
Garage View Garage
Thanks. Yes. I have GHA which are decent value for money but hard to match with differing spring rates. I will have to keep my eyes open for some Golds. New they are £800 per pair!