• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtiburge

Standard Injectors Not Pulsing

gtiburge

hi i have very nearly finished returning my 1988 gti back to 1.9 8v from gti 6 but i seem to have a problem with the injectors both wires seem to show 12v and as i understand it one should b 12v and the other should b negative switched by the ecu to make it pulse, do the injectors get any other signals other then the ecu as it seems like something is missing ?? when i tested the injectors with a (bulb) in the end off the plug it didn't flash at all until l stop'd cranking and then at the very end it flashed once it all seems very odd

dose any one no what each wire from the ecu plug dose as it would b helpful as i could then check wiring i need them identified by colors and ecu pinouts as i have no number's on my wires due to them being cut by previous bloke bodging in the gti6 engine

any help much appreciated

thanks

olly

Anthony

Do you have a spark?

gtiburge

Do you have a spark?

yes i have a spark the wiring is a bit of a mess as previous person mutilated the loom it makes me think that something is missing

unariciflocos

As far as I know the injectors are all supplied with +12 and the ECU just grounds each one. Depending on the duty cycle and the size of the bulb you may not see anything as it will be PWM.

Just check that you have +12V to one pin of all your injectors and that the other pin has continuity into the ECU plug.

gtiburge

As far as I know the injectors are all supplied with +12 and the ECU just grounds each one. Depending on the duty cycle and the size of the bulb you may not see anything as it will be PWM.

Just check that you have +12V to one pin of all your injectors and that the other pin has continuity into the ECU plug.

i have 12v but at both wires :wacko:​ and i have no brown plugs as those where cut off by previous person i have solid wire with no plugs , do u no what color wire is for the injectors at the main ecu plug i ve been trying to find what each wire dose what at the ecu plug but i need to identify them by color as i have no numbers

jackherer

i have 12v but at both wires :wacko:

That's correct, as unariciflocos said they are operated via PWM which means the ECU wire is grounded in rapid pulses so a multimeter is useless.

You either need an oscilloscope or just check continuity back to the ECU plug as already said.

• Like 1

gtiburge

Even if I follow it back I don't no if it wright as I don't no what ecu wire dose what as I dont hav any wire numbers because they hav been cut off

jackherer

You don't need wire numbers. The wiring diagram in the Haynes manual shows the pin numbers for the ECU plug, one pin on the ECU plug splits four ways and is connected to one of the pins on all four of the injector plugs.

gtiburge

all sorted ! cheers all

large

What was the Problem?